BABY UPDATE....WITH PICS!!!

So it appears you definitely got to be prepared prier to having the babies, and they definitely need more care than veiled do. If I ever start to breed again I will definitely keep this in mind thanks for the for site. I thought only people with outside enclosures, and the weather to accommodate it were successful.

I lost several in the early weeks when they were still living in a larger ExoTerra but not since I moved everyone into the smaller ExoTerras 3.5 months ago. Once they were in the smaller ExoTerra, it was MUCH easier to monitor every single baby. I am slowly moving some into larger glass or screen enclosures but still as singletons because they are older and they have all been living solo for most of their lives. I am also working on modifying my smallest ExoTerras to help the babies make the switch to screen.
But I am hoping to find new homes for them before I run out of screen enclosures!!

Those are some adorable babies =) How many small exoterras do you have?

@RedMountainHome
I have seventeen 8"x8"x8", five 8"x8"x12", & three 12"x12"x18." And all my adults (and two of my babies) are in screen.

I would like to ask, because I'm planning on buying 1 month old little chameleons, that is it necessary to keep them separately from the beginning? Or they could be together for sometime, when they are this little? Thank you for your help in advance!

Have they been together from birth? If they have been together since birth, you can usually house them together until they are about 5 months old unless you see one being bullied &/or not growing as quickly as the others. At that point, I put the smaller one in its own enclosure. Be sure they have multiple basking perches and opportunities to get enough to eat. Good luck!

Have they been together from birth? If they have been together since birth, you can usually house them together until they are about 5 months old unless you see one being bullied &/or not growing as quickly as the others. At that point, I put the smaller one in its own enclosure. Be sure they have multiple basking perches and opportunities to get enough to eat. Good luck!

Really appreciate your help, thank you!
Actually I decided to buy a 3 month old male and two 3 month old females, and keep the male in his own cage, and the females together.
And now I would like to ask another question: what size do you recommend for their cages? And when should I change to place them into a bigger one?
I thought maybe I could have the male in a 30x40 cm one, and the two females in a little bigger terrarium. Then if they are around 7 months old, I would move them to a 70x42x70 cm big one. Do you think it would be good for them? Or if you have any other recommendations, please share with me.

Thank you!

What species are you getting? Are you thinking screen or glass from 3 to 7 months?

They are Trioceros jacksoni xantolopus. And I was thinking of keeping them in glass cages while they are more little. And then if they are big enough, I would move them to a mesh cage (I thought maybe around 7 month old the glass cage will be small for them, and then I would move them to the mesh cage for adults).

My Mt. Meru babies turned three months old yesterday and my jacksonii jacksonii babies are about 2.75 months old. They are now all in individual Exo Terra glass enclosures. The older babies are in 8" x 12" enclosures and the smaller, younger babies are in 8" x 8" enclosures. Each enclosure has a single pothos, philodendron, or small schefflera with twigs and dowels and a paper towel substrate that I change every weekend. They are eating homegrown Dubia & silkworms as well as bought 1/8-1/4" crickets and a few Hydei fruit flies. I feed and hand mist them twice a day. The room temperature is about 75 degrees during the day (the enclosures are about 3 degrees warmer) and 65 degrees at night. The enclosures are lit with ReptiSun 2.0 tubes. The babies are doing GREAT and are starting to show their adult greens and yellow side stripe. Enjoy the pics!:LOL:
View attachment 158395 View attachment 158396 View attachment 158397 View attachment 158398
SOOOO MANY!! IM DEAD

Hello.
While looking for this content, I left a comment because there was a useful article.
Did all individuals grow successfully at that time?

Ventilation is the most important thing for a chameleon, but how did it help ventilate a glass cage?

Last edited:
안녕하십니까
이런 내용을 찾다가 유익한 글이 있어서 댓글을 남겼습니다.
그 당시 모든 개인이 성공적으로 성장했습니까?

환기는 카멜레온에게 가장 중요한 것이지만 유리 케이지 환기에 어떻게 도움이 되었습니까?
From cf rules

1. Posts should be in English only. Non-English or unreadable posts will be removed. We don’t ask you to be perfect, only that your posts be readable to moderators.

Hello.
While looking for this content, I left a comment because there was a useful article.
Did all individuals grow successfully at that time?

Ventilation is the most important thing for a chameleon, but how did it help ventilate a glass cage?
From cf rules

1. Posts should be in English only. Non-English or unreadable posts will be removed. We don’t ask you to be perfect, only that your posts be readable to moderators.

This original thread is 4 years old. Probably won't get any responses here.

Back
Top Bottom