Baby Thamnobates Climbing On and Riding The Worm

giesle

Avid Member
I got this guy 10 days ago. The hornworm is only 2 1/2 inches long, so it has some growing to do too.

Climbing%20On%20The%20Worm.jpg

Riding%20The%20Worm.jpg

Thank you all.

Omg, that is the cutest idea ever! Did they get very far?:ROFLMAO:
Thanks. No, they actually didn't go anywhere at all.:) I was lucky that the hornworm was being super lazy. Made for an easy shoot.

Congrats on the new baby. Those photos are so cute. Have you named your new guy yet?
Thank you. No official name, but I've been calling him Waldo, since it's normal for me to have to search and search for him when I go to his cage. More times than not, he is sitting directly in front of me.

Awesome photos as always! He is so tiny!!
Thank you. Yeah, I was a little taken back at how small he was when I got him. And he has grown in the last 10 days too.

These pics are fantastic. It makes you appreciate the size of these animals when they are this young. The second photo is hilarious.....using the barb as a safety handle!

Yes these guys come out tiny but grow quickly, the last one I have I put outside in a screen cage and in 2 weeks it has almost doubled in size. Sadly though he is coming in very soon as the temps are getting too warm. Keeping dart frogs really put me in good position to care for the little guys though these took wingless melanogaster easily from day 1.
Great photos, can't wait to see how he develops.

Back
Top Bottom