Baby Panther Tail Problem, tip turned black

stugotz13

Established Member
Hello, this is #1, she is a month old and seems quite healthy. The tip of her tail just turned black a few days ago. She did shed once and I dont remember seeing any retained shed, but could be mistaken. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

If you dont mind filling this out itll help us help a little better.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

Photos of the enclosure can be very helpful.

Either a burn, pinched in a cage or removed to forcefully when its tail was rapped around something. Poor baby, super cute though.

Cant be a burn, the lights are 3 to 4 inches above the enclosure and I rarely handle here. Luckily it is not affecting her, she is very mobile and eating. Hopefully it heals. Thank you.

Last edited:
If you dont mind filling this out itll help us help a little better.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Amilobe Blue Bar, 1 month old, hatched from egg

Handling - Rarely handled

Feeding - Fruitflies several times a day

Supplements - none at the moment

Watering - Misting, pretty much all the time. They drink often

Fecal Description - Dark color with white tips, not yellow

History - Hatched from eggs in my house

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 1x1x1 butterfly screen enclosure. Temporary until ready for suitable emclosure

Lighting - 40 watt full spectrum, 5.0 uvb. approx 12 - 14 hours a day

Temperature - 85-88 Fahrenheit basking, mid to low 70's at night

Humidity - mid 60's to mid 80's I am in Florida

Plants - Live plants, Pothos

Placement - Day room, near sliding glass doors for sunlight, approx 5 feet high

Location - Florida

Current Problem - Tip of tail turned black

--------------

Please Note:

The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

Photos of the enclosure can be very helpful.

I really don’t like those lights for chameleons, especially babies. Is can cause eye problems.

I also recommend using supplements. I would lightly dust with calcium without d3, at just about every feeding and use a multivitamin once a month and calcium with D3 once a month.

I really don’t like those lights for chameleons, especially babies. Is can cause eye problems.

I also recommend using supplements. I would lightly dust with calcium without d3, at just about every feeding and use a multivitamin once a month and calcium with D3 once a month.

Will do

Just curious, was reading through all the replies here, and now that time has gone by can someone tell me if this chameleons tail dropped off or did it continue to die up the tail and basically give the chameleon blood poisoning from the damaged tail??

Back
Top Bottom