baby panther male or female??

Stacey5089

so this is my second panther chameleon to hatch it hatched yesterday... it looks different to the first one and im pretty sure that is a female so im hoping for a male any suggestions??:)

Attachments

• DSC_2320.jpg
    DSC_2320.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_2321.jpg
    DSC_2321.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC_2322.jpg
    DSC_2322.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_2324.jpg
    DSC_2324.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 202
I think i can see a bulge in pic 2. maybe male. that's a tuff one.

My understanding, from a lot of reading on this forum, is that males don't have a bulge at this age. The hemipenes have not developed yet, so there is a small indentation at the base of the tail where the hemipenes would be.

Otherwise I can't say male or female. I have not mastered sexing young panthers yet.

i know im finding it hard too im just not sure! but i am pretty sure this is a female what do you think?? not a great picture but shes realy pink!

Attachments

• DSC_2259.jpg
    DSC_2259.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 178
I think the first guy is male, at least from the second photo. It's the only one at the right angle but I see a pretty thick tail base.

I think the first is 100% male. The second pic you posted farther down I cannot see the tail so I could not speculate other than the coloring looks female. At that young of an age some of the males can look female in color also so really hard to say without seeing the vent/tail area..

Sometimes the line is an off white colour but erlier today I was watching it climb and it was pure white any help lol

Off white / pure white is good sign of male. It's a visual thing, when you raise a bunch, you delevop a eye for it. Really hard part is telling panthers apart in the 2 to 3 month old stage sometimes. Pictured is typical soft female colors. Where as males tend to have darker patterns/shades.

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 164
I guess I will just have to wait until hes a little older to know for sure... This is the first time ive bred my chameleons and I had never seen hatchlings before but I knew instantly the first one that hatched was a female but im just not sure about this one they have totally different patterns and colours but I will wait for a week or 2 And see if anything changes:D

Back
Top Bottom