Baby Panther hap-hazards?

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I just finished setting up my baby panthers new cage who will be arriving in the next 1-2 weeks. I've never raised a baby cham before both of my current ones were bought as juvs. Is there anything specific you'll need for a 3 month old? Also we suspended the heat lamp a few inches above the cage and we can put our hands there and it's not hot at all.

Attachments

• IMG_4509.JPG
    IMG_4509.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 113
I really dont like "lamps" period with juvs. If they want to get a little warm, they will hang upside down under the linear UVB.

Also Juvs do not come cup trained. you could put a non clear tub at the bottom and put a several armed branch over top of it, and low enough they can grab and get out if they fall in. I dont like leaving crickets alone with juv tails...

Id also look into a fruit fly culture for some entertainment. It will only be for a month or two before they are too small to be worth it.

I really dont like "lamps" period with juvs. If they want to get a little warm, they will hang upside down under the linear UVB.
So you're saying I should just not have heat until he gets a bit older? I can hold my hand under the heat lamp for plenty of time and still not have to remove it. I should log the temps his basking gets with an heat lamp and without a heat lamp

Also Juvs do not come cup trained. you could put a non clear tub at the bottom and put a several armed branch over top of it, and low enough they can grab and get out if they fall in. I dont like leaving crickets alone with juv tails...
I don't feed crickets

Without a heat lamp it got to low 20's and with a heat lamp high 20's

Basking spot: Low 80s F (27-30°C), 1 hour max 2 times a day
Temperature at daytime: Mid 70s F (21-23°C)

And again i will point out that there is high odds it will just hang from the screen under the UVB and get pretty warm. Plus you want to grow them "low and slow". If its hitting 24C or a bit higher during any part of the say, i see no need for a basking bulb. Now if its 18c and the bulb brings a spot to 23c, thats ok.

Basking spot: Low 80s F (27-30°C), 1 hour max 2 times a day
Temperature at daytime: Mid 70s F (21-23°C)

And again i will point out that there is high odds it will just hang from the screen under the UVB and get pretty warm. Plus you want to grow them "low and slow". If its hitting 24C or a bit higher during any part of the say, i see no need for a basking bulb. Now if its 18c and the bulb brings a spot to 23c, thats ok.
Ok, I think in the mornings I'll turn it on and then around noon i'll turn it off

Back
Top Bottom