Baby panther from private, not breeder

Ended up getting a male ambilobe from framschams, arriving in a couple of weeks

Feel much happier

IMG_20210731_210727_907.jpg

So I went there, she had 2 cages outside and a branch, the male was on the branch, in one cage she had 2 females together, in the other there were 12 babies, 1/2 inch long, she said that the price is still $100 for me, but she got many offers so raised the price, I've asked a lot of questions, it sounded like she knew a thing or two about chams, but I was not impressed about the way she was keeping them, she also mentioned about her kids always playing with the male and about him enjoying it 😓 the sir was looking good colors wise, but the casque was swollen, the dams were both black with pink spots, looked both gravid to me, one was very fat and she said that was the mother of the babies (looked like full of eggs to me)
Let me know what you guys think, these are all the pictures that I took View attachment 306772View attachment 306773View attachment 306774View attachment 306775View attachment 306776View attachment 306777
Was it pieces of eucalyptus in with the babies? Looks a heck of a lot like that from the leaf shape and color. This would be a hard pass for me.

She is a backyard breeder just trying to make a buck. Those babies are tiny. Risk of die off because they are still so young. Male is overweight and swelling to the forearms... Could be due to weight could be other issues. Not a direct impact on the offspring but still risky. 2 Females in one cage shows how cheap and knowledgeable she is. I would be concerned about not only parasites but health issues with the babies.

Back
Top Bottom