baby panther finally came in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tannervan20

I ordered my baby panther from UNDERGROUND REPTILES. They had very good customer service and I would recommend them. The only problem was that I hadn't realized how TINY he was!!!! I was going to put him in with my other panther (which is 2 months) but he is just way too small! so I went to walmart and got a Tupperware thing to put him in!!! If you have any advice for hatchlings please help! thanks :)

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 119
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 99
yeah when I was it I was like DAMN it cant be any older than a week or two... honestly im surprised it made it in the flight but when I opened the box he basically tried to jump out and I don't blame him or whatever sex it is...

I'm confused, were they selling them as unsexed baby panthers?

I dont know of any breeders who will put them through and mail at that age.

Do you know what it's father looks like?

The customer service they provide might indeed be top notch, but the ethics they operate by is questionable. That baby appears to be much too young to have been sold, never mind shipped out. Most reputable breeders are keeping their babies for at least 2-3 months, and several members here keep them even longer than that before selling them! Good luck with your baby, I hope he/she thrives with you!

They are selling them as unsexed panthers (they claimed they didn't know how) I do not know what the father looks like and I had absolutely no idea they were this small....

The customer service they provide might indeed be top notch, but the ethics they operate by is questionable. That baby appears to be much too young to have been sold, never mind shipped out. Most reputable breeders are keeping their babies for at least 2-3 months, and several members here keep them even longer than that before selling them! Good luck with your baby, I hope he/she thrives with you!

They didn't breed these (so they claim) and you are correct.. they shouldn't sell or ship these this small. I hope it thrives.. its already drank a lot of water and that tupperwear seems to not dry up... im only using a 5.0 reptisun bulb with no heat and it has already eaten a lot!! thanks :)

lol yeah its unfortunate, some people see reptiles in general as a "cash cow" and get into the business purely with the intent on making money, with little to no regard for the creatures in their care. Thats not to say you shouldn't make money if you go down that route, but your first and foremost concern should be the proper care and health of all creatures in your care, and doing whats in their best interest... everything else comes secondary.

Like others have said, all reputable breeders hold their chameleons til 2-4 months of age (if not longer with some lol), with 3 being the "norm" before any would consider selling / shipping them. They also sex them all, post pictures of linage etc. This person / company clearly just wanted to "unload" these chameleons as fast as possible regardless of their age or condition and get "their money" asap.

and I too hope that little guy/gal does well, thrives, and grows to a beautiful chameleon, but I would never do business with them again to be honest with you, regardless of their customer service, if they are selling and shipping day(s) old chameleons, their interests are not where I want them to be as a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom