Baby Panther eye infection-please help

bluemooon

My 3 month old panther chameleon one day after shedding had something on his eye and he schrach it. I thought it was a peace of skin. Here is the pic

eye.jpg

Now,two days later it look like this, and he schrach his eye

eye2.jpg

eye3.jpg

eye4.jpg

eye5.jpg

We do not have reptile vet available. I tried to wash it with fisiological saline. What else can I do. Can I use some medicine for turtle eye infection or something?

Thank you for any help.

I just went through this with one of my panthers. Saline helps to clean it out and then showers really help to hydrate the eye and help them rinse it out. I took my guy to the vet and they provided a cream and eye drops that i administered for 5 days which made it all go away. I was actually told that it may have had something to do with vitamin A deficiency as well as it kept coming back for a while there until i upped his vitamin A intake.

Thank you. Do you maybe remember what cream an eye drops you used. How to increase vitamin A intake. I give him multivits and calcium every two days.

I just went through this with one of my panthers. Saline helps to clean it out and then showers really help to hydrate the eye and help them rinse it out. I took my guy to the vet and they provided a cream and eye drops that i administered for 5 days which made it all go away. I was actually told that it may have had something to do with vitamin A deficiency as well as it kept coming back for a while there until i upped his vitamin A intake.

Clean his eye out useing saline eye wash. Dripping it in to his eye also taking a wet q tip and going right to left rolling it very lightly over his eye to help him get the gunk out. Then get you some terramycin asap. this has worked for me but everyone has there own way.

Also showers will help room temp water and face the shower head at the wall so he gets misted.

drops and ointment were Neomycin/polymyxin B/gramidicin Ophthalmi Soution. Vitamin A intake is easy. Just look for a multi vitamin dusting powder that has actual vitamin A in it. Not in the form of Beta-Carotine. Also, one option is to get the liquid vitamin A capsules from the vitamin isle at walmart and just put a dab of the liquid from one of the gel capsules on the head of a feeder. Don't over do it on the vitamin A though.

Also vetericyn eye gel you can get at a feed store it works well to if you go That way. just pm me and I can give you some tips on how to use it. also I think zoo meds multi vit. has vit. A in it.

Thank you for the answers. I really hope this wan't be some serious condition. It's my first chameleon and I am really trying to do everything right.

Back
Top Bottom