Baby panther color and sex

Journey96080

i recently switched my 2 1/2 month old panther Cham to his new habitat. I'm curious if his light colors are because it's a stressful thing to move them or if he may be sick? And is he a he for sure? Worry wart here!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4594.JPG
    IMG_4594.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 121
And is it normal for them to have a lump when they lean their heads back??

Attachments

• IMG_4400.JPG
    IMG_4400.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 123
Hi, is that lump only present when he moves a certain way? It does not look natural. Does it feel like liquids or is it hard?. I'd say you have a male. The lump may be a case of golar edema I'm not aware of what causes this I had a male panther with this and he lived a couple years with me(he was 4 when I got him). Maybe some other members can help out more.

Last edited:
Hi, is that lump only present when he moves a certain way? It does not look natural. Does it feel like liquids or is it hard?. I'd say you have a male. The lump may be a case of golar edema I'm not aware of what causes this I had a male panther with this and he lived a couple years with me(he was 4 when I got him). Maybe some other members can help out more.
It seems to come and go!?!?! Not sure if it's happening after he eats, edema or something more serious?!?! Grrrrrr

Whats the blue/purple bulb for?
So that was another question I had. The breeder we bought him from who owns Colorful Chams, was actually very helpful when we got our veiled Cham. When he saw the light purple heat bulb he immediately told me to take it out and replace with a .39 cent clear 40 watt light bulb like you would use in your house. When we got lildicky dude he was a month old and I had paid for his starter kit as well. Oh boy It was a plastic bin which was okay with two individual aluminum light fixture things. One had the UVB bulb the other had the purplish pink bulb. He had it all set up with timers ready to go. Oh and a 1.00 thermometer strip and a cheap green plastic thing for him to crawl on and a small vine with leaves. Maybe 40$ worth of stuff that he charged me 100$ for. Was sooooo professional and actually became friends before DICKY even hatched. His ex gf came back and supposedly she's a bit cray cray and got upset over our friendship lol. Mind you I'm happily married with four kids. He told josh and I everything about the do's and do nots with our veiled Cham. We picked lildick up Anthony told josh everything to watch for and if we had any issues or questions DONT hesitate to text or call that this was not only his business but his passion. Get home everything's good, never once saw him eat but he wasn't shy about drinking in front of me and his poop was proof that he was eating and his shedding proved he was growing. One night I noticed a lump and freaked out. Text him, messaged him on his FB business page he or she opened it but didn't reply. So I had josh call and no answer. Next morning I told my husband either you get ahold of him or I'm driving the 30 minutes to their apartment and it's gonna get ugly. I then write how unprofessional and crappy it is that I paid cash in advance and I'm showing you pictures of this baby and the lump from every direction and if he died there would be consequences. Their response you might wonder? HE WILL BE FINE!!!!! One of them then text josh the same thing but added he's just a good eater. His chameleons are gorgeous healthy strong big. I wanted a panther Cham from strong blood lines. I do nothing but worry if he's okay. So now I'm in the process of looking for a vet that is qualified to look at chameleons. I'll upload a few photos. In the meantime you should take a look at his FB website but don't be fooled by his slithering ass. For goodness sakes we started building our own diy habitat 5-6 ft tall 6 ft long with a divider down the middle for our back porch.

Attachments

• IMG_4410.PNG
    IMG_4410.PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
So that was another question I had. The breeder we bought him from who owns Colorful Chams, was actually very helpful when we got our veiled Cham. When he saw the light purple heat bulb he immediately told me to take it out and replace with a .39 cent clear 40 watt light bulb like you would use in your house. When we got lildicky dude he was a month old and I had paid for his starter kit as well. Oh boy It was a plastic bin which was okay with two individual aluminum light fixture things. One had the UVB bulb the other had the purplish pink bulb. He had it all set up with timers ready to go. Oh and a 1.00 thermometer strip and a cheap green plastic thing for him to crawl on and a small vine with leaves. Maybe 40$ worth of stuff that he charged me 100$ for. Was sooooo professional and actually became friends before DICKY even hatched. His ex gf came back and supposedly she's a bit cray cray and got upset over our friendship lol. Mind you I'm happily married with four kids. He told josh and I everything about the do's and do nots with our veiled Cham. We picked lildick up Anthony told josh everything to watch for and if we had any issues or questions DONT hesitate to text or call that this was not only his business but his passion. Get home everything's good, never once saw him eat but he wasn't shy about drinking in front of me and his poop was proof that he was eating and his shedding proved he was growing. One night I noticed a lump and freaked out. Text him, messaged him on his FB business page he or she opened it but didn't reply. So I had josh call and no answer. Next morning I told my husband either you get ahold of him or I'm driving the 30 minutes to their apartment and it's gonna get ugly. I then write how unprofessional and crappy it is that I paid cash in advance and I'm showing you pictures of this baby and the lump from every direction and if he died there would be consequences. Their response you might wonder? HE WILL BE FINE!!!!! One of them then text josh the same thing but added he's just a good eater. His chameleons are gorgeous healthy strong big. I wanted a panther Cham from strong blood lines. I do nothing but worry if he's okay. So now I'm in the process of looking for a vet that is qualified to look at chameleons. I'll upload a few photos. In the meantime you should take a look at his FB website but don't be fooled by his slithering ass. For goodness sakes we started building our own diy habitat 5-6 ft tall 6 ft long with a divider down the middle for our back porch.

Attachments

• IMG_4598.PNG
    IMG_4598.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom