I have 2 clutches of Ousties, laid on 20 and 21 Aug,
that started hatching on 19 May. So far 29 eggs have hatched,
20 more to go!
Photo of 4 hatchlings attached-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 150
Thanks- I incubated them at 74-76 F most of the winter; when it gets hot here in Vegas I set my thermostat at 85 day/80 night, so they haven't been any cooler than 80 since about a week prior to hatching.

The clutches were in the same incubator but in separate deli cups, 8-10 eggs per cup, on vermiculite/peralite mixture-

Those are cool little chams. looks like you will have lots of them.:) I can just see the $$$ flying out the window to get food.:D:D ok it really isn't that bad. I had 41 deremensis babies but they didn't cost that much to feed.

The hatchlings are doing great on hydei fruit flies...I have 6 cultures firing so far...if they are anything like Veileds, they will be on a mixed diet of flies and pinhead crickets in a few weeks, and be off of fruit flies entirely by 8-10 weeks-

deremensis - those are the Usambara 3-horned correct? Are they a montane/live-bearing species? 41- wow, my only experience with Jackson's I had a female that only had about half that, almost half of them were stillborn-

Here is another photo- this one hatched out about 10 days ago; they have all hatched out as some shade of brown or tan; with this green coloration already she must be a female-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 158
Very cool

Congrats!!!! Most of the ones I've come across are wild caught so its nice to see some captive Breds being hatched

Thanks- the dame's are actually Florida WC but have been long term captives. I was in Homestead in March- the Florida Fish Wildlife Commission's removal effort there has been pretty successful, that site has been cleaned out. Dealers are going to have to start relying on captive breeders-

Back
Top Bottom