Baby male cham keeps closing his right eye

My male juvenile chameleon keeps shutting and opening his right eye throughout the day. Sometimes it’s quick and others he just sits there with it closed. This is in his enclosure and outside. Not often but sometimes he will do both but it’s mainly just his right eye.

What supplements do YOUNUSE and how often and heavily for each?
What lights are you using on the cage specifically?
He is fairly new but I use the zoomed repti calcium and the zoo med vitamins. We’ve only used his vitamins twice because we’ve only had him for a few weeks, and do the vitamins bout every two weeks and dust his food with calcium every day. His calcium does not have d3. The lights is a coiled 5.0 uvb, which someone told me yesterday it needs to be t5ho tube light or something like that. And his light is a blue basking light but someone also yesterday told me that one was fine since it shines as white light.

He is fairly new but I use the zoomed repti calcium and the zoo med vitamins. We’ve only used his vitamins twice because we’ve only had him for a few weeks, and do the vitamins bout every two weeks and dust his food with calcium every day. His calcium does not have d3. The lights is a coiled 5.0 uvb, which someone told me yesterday it needs to be t5ho tube light or something like that. And his light is a blue basking light but someone also yesterday told me that one was fine since it shines as white light.

Is there D3 and prEformed vitamin A (retinol) in the vitamins?

When they don't get enough uvb it can cause alot of problems. Like bone development appetite eye development and more. Best way to make sure they get enough uvb is by using a t5ho uvb. If your using a cork screw in one it only works for very small spot it hard for it to get the right amount of uvb.

When they don't get enough uvb it can cause alot of problems. Like bone development appetite eye development and more. Best way to make sure they get enough uvb is by using a t5ho uvb. If your using a cork screw in one it only works for very small spot it hard for it to get the right amount of uvb.
What is appetite eye?

Pretty sure isn't good enough...we need to know!
The vitamins were using right now came in a little trial packet in our cage kit (which is the worst kit ever) and we’re gonna get a bottle of it soon this is the exact one we’re gonna get that comes in the kit

Attachments

• C1A85FA8-65BF-42B0-80A6-1B373EB0FC8E.png
    C1A85FA8-65BF-42B0-80A6-1B373EB0FC8E.png
    520.8 KB · Views: 42
If that's what you've been using all along twice a month only...lightly dusted on the insects just before giving them to the chameleon...that's good...at all other feedings you should use a phos free calcium powder lightly.

Last edited:
If that's what you've been using all along twice a month inky...lightly dusted on the insects just before giving them to the chameleon...that's good...at all other feedings you should use a phos free calcium powder lightly.
Yeah that’s what we’ve been doing we’ve only had him for about three or four weeks

Back
Top Bottom