Baby Jacksons' Graduation Transition

JacksonsX4

I have 3 baby Jacksons and they are now just under 5 months old. They are amazing- I have had them in my care since their birth and they are my first chameleons. I have them indoors in a shared terrarium that they are quickly outgrowing. Have a reptibreeze for moving the largest male (or 2 smaller male/female combo). Looking for advice on how to transition them successfully. Since indoor climate control keeps humidity low I am going to try coating some of the reptibreeze in shower curtain as I have read. How many sides should I coat?

Attachments

• IMG_4151.JPG
    IMG_4151.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4157.JPG
    IMG_4157.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4039.JPG
    IMG_4039.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 78
They should be seperated into individual enclosures completely now, especially at their age. From what I understand you don't plan to separate the smaller male and female?

Sorry for confusion. Yes, i certainly do. I have another custom habitat coming now which I will use for the largest male (it is a fairly large hab). Have the reptibreeze kit already so wanted to see if I could make use of it. My thought is it may be okay if some sides are covered...

They just can't see each other at all. Cover any parts where they would see each other. They are still rather small Yes? It is likely that you don't want to go much larger than 16x16x36 on their own at the moment

Okay, got it - thank you! The large hab is a custom-built gorgeous terrarium that I think (don't have specs on me at the moment) is a bit larger than that size. The largest baby that will go in there is probably 5" now. He does cup feed (I hand feed them all to monitor nutrition). Out of curiosity, what are the concerns with a larger hab?

If he is cup feeding then he should be fine, especially at that size. Most Jackson's grow much smaller and can be easily stressed with a move to a new habitat etc. And if he wasn't cup feeding I would be worried about food etc. Just be aware he may or may not eat for the first couple days of the move. As long as he has plenty of foliage he should adjust rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom