Baby help!!!!

reptimanny

The first of my eggs started hatching 5 days ago with only one little guy fully out and walking around in his enclosure and now i have noticed another eggs hatching but only his little nose is sticking out. I have heard some horror stories about babies getting stuck and dying as they were hatching now i am torn as to what to do. I was wondering if i should help him out or just leave the little dude to his own egg bursting nature.

I don't know about cham eggs, but I always cut a hole in the top of my snake eggs and soon as the first one starts coming out. If they can't get out, they can drown :(

I really have no idea about chams, but it may work the same way. :confused:

I have seen some people help them out but then again i have heard that you can put them into shock by not letting their body temp slowly adapt to the coolness of being outside the egg.

Do not touch the egg in any way... Removing them will do them harm as they drink the yolk sac from inside of the egg for a few days after first breaking through.

They are ready when they are out and moving about... Sometimes they are known to not move for days while they absorb this yolk.

If you try to take them out of the egg you can also tear the "umbilical" cord and the chameleon will bleed to death. Patience is a virtue you definitely need when you are hatching chameleons eggs. They can lay in the egg with the nose out for a couple of days or even longer sometimes.

One more thing....do not leave the lid off the incubation container and don't leave the container out of the incubator for long or frequently or you may also cause hatching problems.

If you try to take them out of the egg you can also tear the "umbilical" cord and the chameleon will bleed to death. Patience is a virtue you definitely need when you are hatching chameleons eggs. They can lay in the egg with the nose out for a couple of days or even longer sometimes.

One more thing....do not leave the lid off the incubation container and don't leave the container out of the incubator for long or frequently or you may also cause hatching problems.
I havent touched him but another little guy came out today:D i guess the one peeking through the egg is a little slower than his bro/sis. I have the eggs in the container in the incubator. I check on the little guys progress through the windows on top of the incubator.

(the pic was earlier today)The egg on the left is the one with the guy that doesn't want to come out and the guy coming out on the right is the one that is walking around right now:p

Attachments

• 2011-05-06 05.29.24.jpg
    2011-05-06 05.29.24.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom