Baby has trouble eating

DChalo

Hey, im pretty sure this does not require a help form so if you guys really need one then let me know. My baby cham who is a few months old took a while to soften up to her new home and today i noticed her eating, but with a problem. She notices one cricket and is aiming at it, but then sees another cricket walking around and follows that one, and when she is about to aim for that one, she sees another one climbing on the mesh and tries to get that one. Is there a way to make it easier for her to get the crickets? I tried cup feeding, but she got confused and didnt know which one to eat.

Oh, and when i came to check up on her, i saw her neck was red and she was opening and closing her mouth like she does when she eats, so she is probably eating when im not around

hey dchalo! dont give up on trying to cup feed sometimes it takes a little while for them to figure it out and what do you mean her neck was red?

hey dchalo! dont give up on trying to cup feed sometimes it takes a little while for them to figure it out and what do you mean her neck was red?

Its that little red flap that puffs out that a lot of chams have, like when their drinking water

one cricket at a time, watch it get eaten then repeat.

My geckos get really confused when I drop a handful of crickets in at a time. Almost overwhelmed and don't know where to start with the feast.

one cricket at a time, watch it get eaten then repeat.

My geckos get really confused when I drop a handful of crickets in at a time. Almost overwhelmed and don't know where to start with the feast.

thats how i do it. but its really stressfull and even still sometimes he wont eat.....

Would you be comfortable eating with a creature 5000 times your size nearby watching you intently? :)
Put fewer in, leave it alone. Variety is the spice of life, try diffrent bugs.

Hey, im pretty sure this does not require a help form ...

It doesn't hurt mate. I dont want to look all over to find where you posted it before, a link is good. :)

How big is the cage? Does the lizard follow the bugs at all?
If your using a cup, where is it in the cage? A food source will keep the crickets busy (in one place)
make it easier for the lizard to find. The crickets will gravitate toward the warmth, so the cup
is best hooked up near that, the lizard need not follow the migration. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom