Baby growth

Ok thank you I feel alot better now, I'll look into weighing him
Don't know if this is any help but when I got my girl I had to coax her onto a branch rather than my hand. Dont know what other members think but I only had scales that weighted in grams will probably get ones that weigh in smaller units (half grams and so for these little guys and gals

Attachments

• 20201116_150403.jpg
    20201116_150403.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 50
Don't know if this is any help but when I got my girl I had to coax her onto a branch rather than my hand. Dont know what other members think but I only had scales that weighted in grams will probably get ones that weigh in smaller units (half grams and so for these little guys and gals
Ok thanks I'll try to get something soon

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 2 and half month old Male veiled chameleon. Had him for 3 and half weeks.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Never handled him, I've tried to a couple times but he didnt like it so I stopped. Move slowly and don't grab him (don't wrap your hand around him)...let him walk onto your hand. If he doesn't try holding a branch in front of him and putting your hand behind him to encourage him to move forward onto the branch. You can also use food to lure him onto your hand.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets and black soldier larvae about 15 crickets and 5 to 6 black soldier larvae every day. Gut loading with cucumber, apple, orange, and carrots so far but I want to use different foods soon. There is a lot you can add to the feeding of crickets ...dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, and a tiny bit of fruit such as berries, papaya, melon, apples, pears.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Calcium without d3 every feeding except when using calcium with d3 twice a month and a multi vitamin twice a month, alternating weeks Is there any prEformed vitamin A in the vitamins or is it al prOformed (beta carotene)? You aren't making the insects look like ghosts, are you?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Hand misting twice a day for about a minute or until the cage is pretty much dripping with water. I've seen him drink a couple times. I would add a dripper. All you need is a delicup with a tiny hole in the bottom so it drips at the rate of one or two drips per second.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Normal color of poop but urate has been kind of less solid lately but is white. Never been tested. Does it smell badly?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2x2x4 all screen but with clear shower curtain on back and 2 sides due to the issue with keeping in humidity. There is a ceiling fan so he gets air flow. Is it right above the cage of a bit away from the cage?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun t5 ho 24in and 40 watt house bulb. 12 hours on and off
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Basking temps are about 80 no higher than 83, lower parts are about 77 to 78. At night it's about 73 to 74
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? During the day about 50% really hard to get it lower then that. At night it's about 80%. I have a diginal hygrometer. The live plants keep the humidity up and misting.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? A pothos and monstera deliciosa.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is a total of 6 feet so he is usually taller than me unless hes at the bottom. There is a ceiling fan so he gets air flow. No traffic
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Central Florida

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. I dont think hes grown and its bothering me. He doesn't look small for his age to me. At this age you can feed him as much as he will eat in a couple of minutes and then leave a couple of crickets in the cage for a snack.

Ok so I will work on the handling thank u. I might be dusting them a little too much, they kind of look like ghosts lol I'll cut back on that. I do have a dripper I forgot to mention that. The fan is in the middle of the ceiling so it's pretty close I guess but it's not super strong winds either.his feces does not stink at all. Thank u for all ur help

Back
Top Bottom