Baby growth

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I got my 2 month old baby about 2 weeks ago and he hasn't grown at all really. He had his first shed in my care the other day and it only took him about a day and maybe some of the next day to finish. he will be 3 months old in a almost 2 weeks and I've seen pics on the forums of other people's babies at 3 months and he is still the size of my index finger and no where near the size of others I've seen, I would post pics but u cant really tell his actual size but I will try to take some in the morning. Hes eating about 16 to 20 bugs a day including ⅛ crickets and black soldier larvae.

Can you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the topmofmthenhealthnforum please...and post some photos please....or direct us to the thread if you answered the questions already.

I got my 2 month old baby about 2 weeks ago and he hasn't grown at all really. He had his first shed in my care the other day and it only took him about a day and maybe some of the next day to finish. he will be 3 months old in a almost 2 weeks and I've seen pics on the forums of other people's babies at 3 months and he is still the size of my index finger and no where near the size of others I've seen, I would post pics but u cant really tell his actual size but I will try to take some in the morning. Hes eating about 16 to 20 bugs a day including ⅛ crickets and black soldier larvae.
Class what did you get

Can you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the topmofmthenhealthnforum please...and post some photos please....or direct us to the thread if you answered the questions already.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 2 and half month old Male veiled chameleon. Had him for 3 and half weeks.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Never handled him, I've tried to a couple times but he didnt like it so I stopped.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets and black soldier larvae about 15 crickets and 5 to 6 black soldier larvae every day. Gut loading with cucumber, apple, orange, and carrots so far but I want to use different foods soon.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Calcium without d3 every feeding except when using calcium with d3 twice a month and a multi vitamin twice a month, alternating weeks
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Hand misting twice a day for about a minute or until the cage is pretty much dripping with water. I've seen him drink a couple times.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Normal color of poop but urate has been kind of less solid lately but is white. Never been tested.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2x2x4 all screen but with clear shower curtain on back and 2 sides due to the issue with keeping in humidity. There is a ceiling fan so he gets air flow.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun t5 ho 24in and 40 watt house bulb. 12 hours on and off
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Basking temps are about 80 no higher than 83, lower parts are about 77 to 78. At night it's about 73 to 74
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? During the day about 50% really hard to get it lower then that. At night it's about 80%. I have a diginal hygrometer. The live plants keep the humidity up and misting.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? A pothos and monstera deliciosa.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is a total of 6 feet so he is usually taller than me unless hes at the bottom. There is a ceiling fan so he gets air flow. No traffic
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Central Florida

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. I dont think hes grown and its bothering me.

I put the sheet on there and filled it out I guess I should have made my writing a different color
Quick question: how are you measuring growth? Just by eye, or are you weighing? With veileds, they typically grow like weeds, but this can fluctuate a bit. I would buy a gram scale and weigh your baby once a week (same time of day).

Quick question: how are you measuring growth? Just by eye, or are you weighing? With veileds, they typically grow like weeds, but this can fluctuate a bit. I would buy a gram scale and weigh your baby once a week (same time of day).
I cant get him out to weigh him. He wont let me any where near him.

Kinyonga asked if you would be so kind to fill in care sheet scroll up nice to see some pics
Ok so this is a picture from today, I know it's hard to see him but this is the best I got for now, this is him compared to my hand

Attachments

• 20201116_082849.jpg
    20201116_082849.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 88
I think he is a good size for 2.5 months. And he is certainly bigger than a hatchling, so he has grown...
I absolutely agree with weighing him. Just eyeing him everyday is misleading.

Thats ok. Not on my screen . If kinyonga has it that's ?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 2 and half month old Male veiled chameleon. Had him for 3 and half weeks.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Never handled him, I've tried to a couple times but he didnt like it so I stopped.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets and black soldier larvae about 15 crickets and 5 to 6 black soldier larvae every day. Gut loading with cucumber, apple, orange, and carrots so far but I want to use different foods soon.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Calcium without d3 every feeding except when using calcium with d3 twice a month and a multi vitamin twice a month, alternating weeks
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Hand misting twice a day for about a minute or until the cage is pretty much dripping with water. I've seen him drink a couple times.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Normal color of poop but urate has been kind of less solid lately but is white. Never been tested.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2x2x4 all screen but with clear shower curtain on back and 2 sides due to the issue with keeping in humidity. There is a ceiling fan so he gets air flow.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun t5 ho 24in and 40 watt house bulb. 12 hours on and off
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Basking temps are about 80 no higher than 83, lower parts are about 77 to 78. At night it's about 73 to 74
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? During the day about 50% really hard to get it lower then that. At night it's about 80%. I have a diginal hygrometer. The live plants keep the humidity up and misting.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? A pothos and monstera deliciosa.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is a total of 6 feet so he is usually taller than me unless hes at the bottom. There is a ceiling fan so he gets air flow. No traffic
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Central Florida

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. I dont think hes grown and its bothering me.

Back
Top Bottom