Baby feeding

tmsjns

hey iv recently got a baby nosy be panther and i dont think hes eating enough! iv only had him for a few days so my question is, how old do most chams take to settle and atart eating properly?

Firstly....welcome to the forum :)

They all take different times to settle in and start eating. Are there poops in his cage? If so he could be eating when you are not around. Are you cup feeding or free ranging his feeders and what feeders and feeder sizes are you offering him? They maybe too large for him.

Make sure he is well hydrated and put an old towel around a couple of sides his cage to give him some privacy and a sense of security until he settles in to his new digs. This can help.

I take it from your previous posts you are new to cham keeping and this is your first cham. Could you fill in the following sticky just so we can make sure that your set up is all good for your little one and it will give us some background info on your cham and how much he should be eating etc

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

and.....post pictures.....we all love cham pics! :D

hey iv recently got a baby nosy be panther and i dont think hes eating enough! iv only had him for a few days so my question is, how old do most chams take to settle and atart eating properly?

What size feeder are you using? They need to be very small for a baby panther. If they are too large he wont be able to eat them.

Chameleon:14 month old nosy be panther chameleon.
Handling:bare minimum due to him being so new!
Feeding:1st black crickets,1st hoopers,small silkworms, going to try a fruit fly culture tonight
Supplements:reptical daily on the weekdays and nutrobal on the weekends
Watering:Minsting for one minute twice a day due to being at work
Fecal Description:Dark brown/black fecal with white urate at the end
History:Owned for a week therefore no history

Cage Type:Exo terra glass teranium 45cmx45cmx60cm (height)
Lighting: 100watt basking lamp hung above the screen top and a zoomed 5.0 reptisun 18" uvb bulb again above the top in a reflector
Temp:Basking spot max 95f. min 65f at night
Humidity:min 40% (misting as often as possible while saving for a misting system)
Plant:artificial vines and plants and a bamboo root for stability, one madagascar dragon tree (live)
Placement:Highest place in my room, bottom of cage is at eye level.

oh and the feeders are free running to encourage hunting and exercise! and thank you for the welcome.

ive just got home from work and found that ther are a lot of cricket loose in his viv so ive caught as many as i could and have put them in black cup for him, hopefully now i can keep an eye on how much he eats? until i know that he is eating properly then im going to cup feed.

14 month is no baby just to let you know, i'd lower your temps a bit and try to mist for longer though

If hes 14 months and hes a healthy weight he can eat every other day. 8 or so approp sized feeders every other day should be ok. Plus I give an occas treat to work on hand feeding.

Back
Top Bottom