The PVC is propped up sturdy with the boxes
Wich is temporary , I just want to get a good height
And I'll cut a two by four for the corners . Has anyone else
Done this ?? Feedback

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 204
For a cham that young, ur going to need lots of tiny bugs. With all that cardboard , there is endless places for bugs to hide. That'll get expensive real quick. Probably better to just throw a live plant in there for height

If you are going to put that veiled in a screen cage there is no reason to make it smaller. If the baby can eat at least 1/4" crickets you can make use of the entire cage. Just make sure there are plenty of branches and leaf cover. Do not leave wide expanses of air. Fill it up with branches. A chameleon of 3 to 4 weeks will hunt his food and eat just fine in a cage that size.
If you have to feed pinheads or fruitflies, you should use a sterilite tub with a cluster of branches and plastic leaves so that he cannot reach the top edge. Its easier to mist and hold moisture in the tub than in the screen cage. You should be ready for the screen cage in a week or 2 if you aren't already.

Brian

If you are going to put that veiled in a screen cage there is no reason to make it smaller. If the baby can eat at least 1/4" crickets you can make use of the entire cage. Just make sure there are plenty of branches and leaf cover. Do not leave wide expanses of air. Fill it up with branches. A chameleon of 3 to 4 weeks will hunt his food and eat just fine in a cage that size.
If you have to feed pinheads or fruitflies, you should use a sterilite tub with a cluster of branches and plastic leaves so that he cannot reach the top edge. Its easier to mist and hold moisture in the tub than in the screen cage. You should be ready for the screen cage in a week or 2 if you aren't already.

Brian
Thanks pal just the person I was hoping to show up
That sounds great , using the whole cage . I have plenty of
Things to fill that rite up . I was just beng hesitant .
He is such a lil guy .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 143
What a little cutie but he's pretty small. Why not set up a baby bin for him until he's a little bigger. Here's the bins I used with my babies.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/babies-one-month-old-40584/

OMGarage Jannb .... that has to be the most awesome set of pictures i have ever seen let alone being baby veiled...OMGarage... do you still do this?....

TIMMYBOY i love that you are taking such great strides for that little guy/gal.... please update often at that little one's growth....

OMGarage Jannb .... that has to be the most awesome set of pictures i have ever seen let alone being baby veiled...OMGarage... do you still do this?....

I had the pleasure of caring for 11 veiled babies this time last year. I got to keep one. :) I'm not breeding anymore but I absolutely love the babies. They are so precious and so much fun but the hard part is finding really good homes for them.

im sorry TIMMYBOY i'm not trying to jack your thread by no means i was just so awstruck with those pictures from JANNb. Jannb i just want to thank you for sharing that... and i hope to one day be able to do that at least once.... thank you TIMMYBOY for the thread invasion... i now digress.... lol

Back
Top Bottom