Baby Elly Update With Pictures

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Elly is doing great! I am so pleased. She's 7 months old today and her weight is up to 38 grams. Her grip is very strong and she's active. She will chase down her crickets and she also eats silkworms, super worms and hornworms. The horns are her favorite. She is so sweet and my precious little angel. She has a little dirt on her face by her eye and on her chin that I didn't notice until after her pictures. She will go between the rocks in the plants to get a taste of dirt. Unlike my other chameleons she is camera shy. I guess because she was always so very fragile I didn't make her picture that often as a tiny baby.

Elly 7 months old

Elly4811059.jpg

Elly4811011.jpg

Elly4811075.jpg

Elly4811011.jpg

Thank you Wendy! I know you and several others here have kept up with my little preemie Elly since I pulled her out of the egg.

Jann, Elly is looking beautiful like always! You do such a good job with all of your chams, and it looks like Elly is developing into a beautiful young chameleon :)

LPR08

Thank you so much Hoj and LPR08. I think she's going to be a beauty like her mama. :) I am just so happy that she's finally doing so well.

Was she having problems at one time?

LPR08

O yea. She was my tiny little preemie from Camille's retained clutch (the only baby from the retained clutch) no bigger that my tiny fingernail on my pinky. For weeks she would just sit with her eyes closed and finally I put her outside and would move her all around in my yard to keep her temps at 80. Finally she started to open her eyes and move around some but I didn't think she'd ever grow. I worried everyday that she might not make it. She's still very small for a 7 month old veiled but finally seems healthy and gaining weight.

Oh wow! I knew she was premature, but had no idea she was like that! I am glad she is doing better now!

LPR08

Jann, Elly is doing wonderfully. She may always be a tad small, but do you even care? She is beautiful, happy, healthy, in her case size doesn't matter. You go Elly!!

are her eyes sunken? or does she look healthy? im a new owner and i have to ask cuz to me her eyes look sunken but i dont know. I guess im trying to figure out warning signs for my cham. I want to know when mine isnt doing well.

I see Luie in her around the chin in that last picture!:D I am so glad she is now doing well! She will always be 'egg-stra' special to you whether she grows or not!

I too see her eyes are sunken, but knowing how well Jann's chameleons are cared for, pampered even, I think that the sunken eyes are more due to Elly's hatred of the camera!:D

Thank you so much for all the nice comments about Elly. She's healthy now and just got a check up by her vet on Wednesday. She doesn't act any different than any other juvi veiled, just smaller. She doesn't like the camera and when we take her picture her eyes will always be a tad sunk in like in the pictures. When the camera's not around they look fine.

Tiff, Luie was proud to hear you say she favors him. :D

She has come a long way Jann due to your TLC! I will never forget seeing that little peanut sitting up on your counter in that plant. I never dreamed she was that small until I saw her in person. She is the cutest darn thing ever!! She looks great!! .

She is already developing some color that's awesome. She looks good! I understand the eye thing. I notice that happens with Albus when I'm handling/pic taking, but know he isn't dehydrated.

Back
Top Bottom