Baby chameleon sick...please help!

Ashley1983

We have a baby female around 11 weeks old. She’s been doing great, but about 10 days ago we noticed she wasn’t opening her left eye. This is our first reptile so I wasn’t quite sure what to do. After research I have been placing her on a plant in the shower and letting it mist her to try and flush it out. She has now stopped eating and only drinks in the shower. She never moves off her favorite vine. We have no vets that will take exotic pets and she’s so small I doubt they could do much. Any ideas?

Please fill this out:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Pictures are greatly beneficial.

You never mentioned what kind of chameleon you have. Please fill out the form posted by Camryn above in as much detail as possible, including pictures of the chameleon and the cage. We can't help without that information

We really do need more information so we can try to figure out what's going on.
What species of chameleon? How old?
What's the basking temperature?
What size insects are you feeding her? Will they fir easily into her mouth?
How do you know it's a female?
Etc...

Do not let her drink from the shower no tap water or well water that goes through a water softener or any chemicals at all other then using some kind of neutralizer additive I only use bottled but please fill out the info list so everyone can help

Back
Top Bottom