baby chameleon shedding

caroline?

Avid Member
Hi so i have a baby jacksons chameleon named August he's a little over 3 months old and he hasn't shed yet, when should he start? i've noticed a little bit of tiny flaking on his skin before but not full shedding. and he's not much bigger than he was when he was born, is this normal??
and when should he start turning green, he has small patches of green but not much

There are going to be times when they shed really fast and you'll never see. Most likely this is the case and it's pretty natural. How much and how many times are you feeding him. The reason I ask is because he is really young and you want to be feeding him as much as he can eat every day. He'll start getting his mature colors usually around 5 months or so.

i feed him as many crickets he'll eat, so usually about 3-5 a day im not sure though because i don't see him eat but i know he knows where his food cup is and crickets disappear so i assume he eats them

is their a better way to monitor that? because the crickets jump out of the cup sometimes and ive tried feeding him where i can see him and he usually just eats one or two crickets because he's pretty shy and doesn't like me.

i don't but i can take one when i get home,
its a bird bowl thing that i attached to his cage with sticks going into it and around it so he can get food.

Back
Top Bottom