Baby chameleon not eating well

Thank you so much. I put window plastic on two sides but am looking at buying a hybrid cage. I have a lot of real plants on the enclosure but a few fake. I actually went to a greenhouse last week. I can tell a difference in humidity already.

Thank you so much. I put window plastic on two sides but am looking at buying a hybrid cage. I have a lot of real plants on the enclosure but a few fake. I actually went to a greenhouse last week. I can tell a difference in humidity already.
I run all Dragon strand hybrid cages. I love them. All live plants too. You get better control of not only your ambient levels both humidity and temp but the chimney effect really works. I think the chameleon academy website would be a great way for you to learn the ins and outs of the basics...

Right now making sure that your baby is eating is important 1/4 size feeders. You can make a feeder run too or buy one.

Yes, the one that runs into the cage. Only at night when your ambient temps drop. Then since you have lower ambient humidity you can run a cool mist humidifier in the room that the cage is in to kick up the ambient level and this will not harm the cham.

Something to remember is that your going to need to be able to set your cage up so it holds the humidity better. Hybrid cage style may be a very good option for you. Providing a lot of live plants will help as well.

This is a great site for learning correct info. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Thank you for the link to the academy. I have heard great things about it and will start reading asap. There's so much information out there and not all reliable.

I run all Dragon strand hybrid cages. I love them. All live plants too. You get better control of not only your ambient levels both humidity and temp but the chimney effect really works. I think the chameleon academy website would be a great way for you to learn the ins and outs of the basics...

Right now making sure that your baby is eating is important 1/4 size feeders. You can make a feeder run too or buy one.

I just bought a shotgun feeder and it shipped out today. Last night I bought small crickets so I'm hoping he will do better soon. I also am going to app obsessively starting at him and maybe put a camera up, lol.

I just bought a shotgun feeder and it shipped out today. Last night I bought small crickets so I'm hoping he will do better soon. I also am going to app obsessively starting at him and maybe put a camera up, lol.
LOL yeah the obsessive staring it a wee bit intimidating for them.. Like your stalking them :hilarious:

You can also try symton black soldier Flies. Takes a bit get worms turn to flies. But my male panther about size of yours. Goes nuts for them. So fun to watch him all over cage and eyes all over the place. Plus no dusting is needed an a great feeder. With fogger I use it when lights are off for about 6 hours. Auto shut off fogger. I use a mistking every 2 hours for 60 seconds with lights on. I like mistking because Cham doesn't get bothered. But seemed to when I hand misted. Like your umbrella plant. Just always had a issue with them dropping leaves so I use pothos. Last longer.

Back
Top Bottom