baby chameleon help

jake20025

i bought some baby chameleons and the seller sent them through the mail , received with in 24hrs packed in deli cups and news paper , but they will not open there eyes and just like sit there like there about dead i have a new 5.0 uv repti glow bulb above them about 6in above the tub ,do u have a clue what would be a wrong with them , they where to be a month to 2 month old

Who did you receive them from>

If they were that young, they shouldn't have been shipped.

Try raising the uvb bulb higher, or using a slightly used bulb instead.

can you post photos please>

can you post some pics of the babies so we can see their condition. i've noticed several of these kinds of posts where the seller says they're a certain but in reality, they're not even close to that age. also, please fill out the husbandry form so we know what your setup is like.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

setup

baby.jpg

chameleon setup.jpg

i have only had them for about 18hrs and they got them from chameleons101 the are ambilobe the pic of the chameleon on the penny is right after i got it

yea that is not a 1 month old baby, that is mor elike a freshly hatched baby.

and the stress from the shipping could be causing this.

you need to get a bunch of fruit flies, pin head crickets.

you need to raise the uvb light higher or get a used one.

you need to make sur ebasking temps stay below 85.

i can't say exactly how old they are but the link below has a pic of a 2 month old i just shipped out to one of my clients as comparison. he's def a lot bigger than a penny and wouldn't fit on it for sure. maybe your babies slow growers but they seem small for 2 months old. also, i don't use any cfl bulbs for my chams. i know the makers have improved it and what not but i only use linear fluorescent bulbs. i would go out and buy a t8 light fixture and a reptisun 5.0 for their uvb source and then just use an incandescent household light bulb for their basking lamp and see how they do.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/hes-here-114071/

light

i have a Slimline Reptile Fixture with the factory bulb ill try it instead but they have not moved or opened then eyes since i got them i thought they where pretty small also

i have a Slimline Reptile Fixture with the factory bulb ill try it instead but they have not moved or opened then eyes since i got them i thought they where pretty small also
what type of bulb is the factory bulb? is it a uvb bulb or just a regular linear bulb?

what type of bulb is the factory bulb? is it a uvb bulb or just a regular linear bulb?

It is zilla Tropical 25. I dont't think it has much uvb, but it should do for babies. jake20025 take out the plastic on the fixture, plastic filters out uvb.

Whats your basking temp at?

I suggest natural sun if you can.

ALso, try to let them settle and not bother them as much as humanly possible.

Back
Top Bottom