Baby cham not eating

knauzeris

First of all i want to thank everybody who shares their knowledge with me since i am new to this Cham World and may ask more questions than usually.

I am facing new issue - my cham is ~ 30 hours with me -in his new home - but since then he has not ate anything.

Should i start to worry? Or it is ok since he has to get use to new enclosure?

Trying to feed him small baby crickets - no success!
Was thinking of calling tomorrow petstore and ask what did they fed him and buy the same bugs.

Any advices from you?

My baby is 1.5 to 2 months old and she is not a big eater some chams eat anything that moves, some like mine eat whenever they are ready and you cant make them. I would say put some food in there give it some alone time and i bet it will eat.

Find out from the store if the cham is used to cup feeding, it may be used to roaming food :)

Good luck

when i first got my baby i worried to death about it not eatin. At first all it would eat was fruit and house flies. It now likes crickets but still LOVES any flies i will give her. Maybe you can find a fruit fly culture.

Flies is not an option.

The only available things here are:

Black and White crickets
Madagascar hissing roach
Shelfordella (turkish roaches)
Giant cave roach
Dubia roach
Superworms
Mealworms

What should you recommend me to get from these?

P.S. I was told that mealworms are nothing but treat to animals. Is it true - mealworms do not have any good stuff in them for the chameleon?

They're not healthy for them on a regular basis if you feed him too many he might get an impaction from the mealworms. Supposedly once in a while is good.

How much is once in a while? once in a week or once in a month!
I was thinking of breeding these mealworms but now it looks like it is not necesarry as they are not recomended!

Today my cham ate 2 small crickets... And that's it. This is his 2nd day in his new cage!
There were ~ 3 left - but he was just passing by like not noticing them.
Is it still ok and i just have to wait untill he is used to his home?

Gary1621 had the same idea I was thinking. Maybe letting a few crickets roam free in the cage will kick start the baby’s “hunting instinct “ Mine took a day or two to start eating. Is it drinking water off the leaves?

Well yes - it looks like. I have screen cage and dripper drips through the top screen - he sometimes goes to that drip on the screen and drinks from it. As well when i spray it - he piks up small drips from the screen.
I hope i am not mistaken - and what he does really is drinking!
But overall he is really active - spends all day walking around the top of the cage - up side down! Does it tells about something?

My original did that when i had him. I ended up taking him back though because there was a health issue with it unrelated to climbing upside down. My current one doesn't do that though, I think I read somewhere that there isn't anything wrong with it.

@ the guy who asked bout how often with the mealworms I really don't know 100% sure but I think once a week would not be a good idea. Once a month sounds better if anything..

Today my cham ate 2 small crickets... And that's it. This is his 2nd day in his new cage!
There were ~ 3 left - but he was just passing by like not noticing them.
Is it still ok and i just have to wait untill he is used to his home?

I wouldn't worry since it's only his second day and he did eat 2 crickets. Give him another couple of days to get use to his new surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom