Baby Cham cage

I don’t have my baby veiled chameleon yet but he will come the end of May I believe. I would like your thoughts on my set up, keep in mind my lights and hood, dripper and more vines are shipping from LLReptiles so they are not visible in this picture. I have questions about the bromeliad on the right. Is it an ok plant for in the enclosure? Also enclosing another plant I received as a gift but it has no tags for what kind it is, what is it and is it safe? Thank you in advance.
p/s I haven’t covered the tray with screen yet.
Caroline

Attachments

• 219E1602-2FCA-4F8C-AA95-2378F8AE4CFB.jpeg
    219E1602-2FCA-4F8C-AA95-2378F8AE4CFB.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 1A3C6AD1-983D-4FFD-8D22-F775E4FD5EBF.jpeg
    1A3C6AD1-983D-4FFD-8D22-F775E4FD5EBF.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 32085C94-7EE2-4190-9E1A-7A604AE069E5.jpeg
    32085C94-7EE2-4190-9E1A-7A604AE069E5.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 6E24675D-D27D-4E61-B9F4-EFBAEFBA58E1.jpeg
    6E24675D-D27D-4E61-B9F4-EFBAEFBA58E1.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 109
How exciting! I would recommend more horizontal branches (once you get the vines) and the feeders can possibly get out through the mesh so just have a plan for that. Also, what are the dimensions? I started my 2 mo in a 2x2x4 if it’s smaller you will need to upgrade eventually so keep that in mind. I had a couple of bromeliads but ended up tossing them because they would collect water and get nasty lol. But it’s all in your preference. Once you get the lights you will probably have to adjust the top vines or make sure the UV light is up off the top. Having a solar meter will help with where to put the lights and adjusting the basking branches.

How exciting! I would recommend more horizontal branches (once you get the vines) and the feeders can possibly get out through the mesh so just have a plan for that. Also, what are the dimensions? I started my 2 mo in a 2x2x4 if it’s smaller you will need to upgrade eventually so keep that in mind. I had a couple of bromeliads but ended up tossing them because they would collect water and get nasty lol. But it’s all in your preference. Once you get the lights you will probably have to adjust the top vines or make sure the UV light is up off the top. Having a solar meter will help with where to put the lights and adjusting the basking branches.
Do you have a link or suggestion for a solar meter?

Congrats on getting a JannB baby! cage is looking good. Put 1 inch rock on top of the soil in your plants. This will keep feeders out and baby from eating the soil.
I am so stuck in Michigan as our governor has forbid the sale of plants and garden supplies. Rocks are on my list as I don’t want to order anything heavy like rocks

I am so stuck in Michigan as our governor has forbid the sale of plants and garden supplies. Rocks are on my list as I don’t want to order anything heavy like rocks
Yeah well when your finally able to get out and about Dollar store sells them and they work great. Much cheaper then buying from the craft store. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 124
Back
Top Bottom