Baby Calumma Parsonii Cristifer

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_8500.JPG
IMG_8492.JPG
Well the first baby Cristifer is out of the egg this morning. Pretty dang exciting for me. This is only the second time in the US these have been hatched that we know of and the last time was 20 years ago. It has some cool red colors and stripes. I can't wait to see these grow up.

Do you only have eggs from one clutch from one female in the container? How fast are they hatching?
Have you done this before (place the eggs so close together)?

The male is beautiful!

Do you only have eggs from one clutch from one female in the container? How fast are they hatching?
Have you done this before (place the eggs so close together)?

The male is beautiful!
Yes one clutch per container. I would say I usually space the eggs 1/2-3/4" apart or so depending on how many eggs I have. There are closer but I'm sure everything will be fine. Three have hatched and 2 more eggs are ready to hatch. A slow hatching clutch is good for me :)

Craig- what was the humidity during incubation? It could just be the picture, but the vermiculite looks pretty wet so was just curious. Also any perks of using large vermiculite over the small grain? :)

Chase

Craig- what was the humidity during incubation? It could just be the picture, but the vermiculite looks pretty wet so was just curious. Also any perks of using large vermiculite over the small grain? :)

Chase

Medium was kept the same as you keep panther eggs in. I'm not sure the size of the vermiculite makes a difference or not. I like using the bigger stuff, it seems to hold the moisture better.

Craig, you are getting just too good at hatching cool babies! I had not planned on coming down this summer, but if I could come over Alain as see all your chams , it might be worth it. Not sure how I would find the extra time

Honestly, you are doing great, keep it up!!

Back
Top Bottom