Babies Update!!!

OK, here we are, the Veileds started hatching on Monday 07/07. There are now 68 eating, pooping creatures and one egg left! 3 hatched yesterday. I have them on 1/4" crickets and all are getting nice and fat. I cannot believe how many there are, and if that last egg hatches I will have 100% hatch rate.
Please let me know if you need one or two or 10! They have huge gorgeous parents and should be very turquoise. I can already see the differences in coloration in the older ones. I am thinking some are going to be more yellow.
Oh man those are TOO cute! And I want a veiled so bad!!!! I wonder if I could convince the husband... ;)

Let's see .... (I love math, and discouraging people from breeding;))
69 babies x 25 pinheads per day = 12,075 crickets per week.
If you could get them for $10 per thousand and didn't have to pay any shipping (VERY best case scenario) that would only be about $120 per week. You should raise them up for 2 to 3 months before selling ... lets see... 120x4=480x3=1,440.
$1,440 divided by 69 = $20.87
I am not counting any cricket shipping costs or months with 5 weeks into this ... so add $5 per lizard, and let's just round up to $26
You would hope to get $50 each ($80 if you're the Kammer's) ... but a lot of people are selling them for $35.
Bottom line ... if you do this right you won't make $$$
Juli ... sorry to get on my soapbox on your thread ... you already know this ... I'm preaching to those who don't;)

-Brad

Gesang-you are going to have babies everywhere! :)

Brad-I never mind your posts-people do need to understand what comes with breeding-all of the possibilities. My gang here is eating large pins to 1/4" crickets and I have spent over $100 since they hatched!

Everyone-I fixed my poorly spelled post, but you can see the mess in the quotes-proves that you should not type on a tiny laptop in the dark while half asleep! :)

Last night I had to clean all 3 bins, which meant hand-removing all 69 little babies out of the bins! Some of them have their mother's bad TUDE and were biting me!

Gesang-you are going to have babies everywhere! :)

Brad-I never mind your posts-people do need to understand what comes with breeding-all of the possibilities. My gang here is eating large pins to 1/4" crickets and I have spent over $100 since they hatched!

Everyone-I fixed my poorly spelled post, but you can see the mess in the quotes-proves that you should not type on a tiny laptop in the dark while half asleep! :)

Last night I had to clean all 3 bins, which meant hand-removing all 69 little babies out of the bins! Some of them have their mother's bad TUDE and were biting me!
Just out of curiousity, would I care for a veiled in the same manner I would my panther?

I'm thinking I may possibly be able to convince the husband, next month IS our anniversary. ;) Besides, once Louie gets his larger enclosure we'll have the smaller one...

Just out of curiousity, would I care for a veiled in the same manner I would my panther?

I'm thinking I may possibly be able to convince the husband, next month IS our anniversary. ;) Besides, once Louie gets his larger enclosure we'll have the smaller one...

Yep-pretty much the same way! :) I have alot of anniversary chameleons-Here it is-today being our 20th wedding anniversary-and I am at cham capacity! :)

Yep-pretty much the same way! :) I have alot of anniversary chameleons-Here it is-today being our 20th wedding anniversary-and I am at cham capacity! :)
lol I'll just have to have a talk with the husband tomorrow when he gets off of work, then. :) Everytime we go to Petco we have to check on the little veiled's they have... not that we'd ever buy from Petco! They've got to have ~10 of them in one glass enclosure...

I just now noticed this is in the classifieds section. I apologize for being so chatty, so I deleted my chatty stuff. Juli, your babies are beautiful!

Last edited:
Here are the parents (excuse the compromising position here) big and beautiful and my male is the friendliest cham in the world, very non-aggressive!
DSCN1714.jpg

The babies look great! :)

For people interested in Julir's baby veileds, please keep commercial type questions private or in the classified forums.

That female looks like she is mean.:mad:
Anyway you are going to notice in 2-3 weeks some will grow and shed faster then others. The larger are more aggressive at eating and will bully the meaker cham.s out of food. survival of the fastest tongue. so i constantly weed out the smallest into their own seperate home. then with the larger dominant ones i switch them around everyother week just to keep the pecking order in question. i have over a hundred from 3 different clutches and this has seemed to work with no fatalities. i am about 2 months ahead of you with raising a spit load of baby veileds and it get's expensive. $50 a week on a thousand large and a thousand 1/4 ". but it is for the love. If i were in it for the $ Iwould buy oil stock. good luck and keep posting.

Back
Top Bottom