Babies Hatching?

BECHARD4

Established Member
I have a few eggs that babies are starting to come out. On one of the eggs, the head started to peak out yesterday, and today the head is back inside.
A couple of other eggs have cracked and heads just starting to peak out.

These are panther eggs that were laid August 1 2014.

How long before they fully come out?
Should I be doing anything special at this time?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Panthers usually take a couple of days to come out completely after the eggs pip. Don't try to help them out, they need to absorb the remaining yolk sac.
Then they will take another day or two to start eating, and then a couple more days to start pooping. And then before you know it, you'll be remarking about how much they're eating everyday and how much all the Cham food is costing!!

Lucky you! I'm impatiently waiting for my two clutches to start hatching. One was laid July 2014 and the other in September 2014. Tick tock, tick tock. Curious what temps and humidity you incubated at?

Here are some of my baby pics....

20150315_164332.jpg

20150322_141032.jpg

20150408_170821[1].jpg

What brand. Lol!

You should put your first picture into the photo contest! I bet it would win! SO CUTE!!! :eek: :p :)

The whole head sticking out and then not sticking out seems normal. I had one that did this and I was really worried. I checked in on it constantly! It was one that took the longest to come out, over 3 days! :eek: It may have been even 4, I thought he wasn't going to make it.

Do you have anymore eggs that haven't hatched yet? I noticed this post was made over a month ago. :eek: I'm still waiting on 2 of mine from a batch. Laid in June 2014, first one started hatching on Feb 2015.

Hi Happines

Our first clutch started hatching Mar 10 and the last egg hatched on Mar24, 2 eggs deflated and molded over

The first Pic i did enter:)

She laid a second clutch form the first breeding and they started hatching April 15, so far 39 babies and 3 eggs remaining .

Container?

Hello & congrats!

I waiting for just 3 eggs to hatch. I just wondered what you put the babies in after they hatched. The guy I got my eggs from uses a big Tupperware container to start then graduates to a regular cage.

Also, did you put their food into cups?
Thanks!

Container

We are using a 55 litre tupperware. We have 5 to 6 from the 1st clutch per tub. And 7 to 8 from the 2nd clutch per tub.
I do have little feeder dishes in the tubs.
I put some in the dish and some are just scattered in the tub.
No lids on the tubs

envious

I have one piping right now, laid on 8-29-14... shouldn't I see it move or something... it's just laying there could it be dead?

Hi Happines

Our first clutch started hatching Mar 10 and the last egg hatched on Mar24, 2 eggs deflated and molded over

The first Pic i did enter:)

She laid a second clutch form the first breeding and they started hatching April 15, so far 39 babies and 3 eggs remaining .

I voted for it lol

Back
Top Bottom