Babies arrived tuesday

Alycia

Established Member
My Jackson had 7 babies Tuesday. All started eating and drinking within 24 hours. I mist around 10 times a day and feed approximately 3-4 times a day. So far all 7 are doing great. Is there any thing else in particular that I need to be doing

My Jackson had 7 babies Tuesday. All started eating and drinking within 24 hours. I mist around 10 times a day and feed approximately 3-4 times a day. So far all 7 are doing great. Is there any thing else in particular that I need to be doing

My advice would be to enjoy the little dolls! Sounds like you have the rest covered

At what point do I need to start adding some supplement. I wasn't really ready for the babies but I knew mom was possibly pregnant and I got her at a local shop. I opted to go ahead and take on the responsibility of her and the babies trying to keep someone from jumping into this situation without having any inclination on how to care for any chameleon. I have prior veterinary technician experience but we didn't deal with many chams. So I've been working off the basis of what I learned from vets and other techs.

Jackson's are notoriously sensitive to over supplementation - I would be curious to know from someone experienced with them myself. I begin supplementing my baby Panthers right away but that may not be advisable with these little ones.

Best of luck with them!

Babies are still doing extremely well. They have figured out I mist them and then I feed them. They see me reach in with the jar of ffs and all come running out of hiding.

I couldn't get them to eat out of the cup so I started releasing the ffs in the cage. I guess it's better to feed them that way since they'd actually go after the food I gave them instead of just sitting there. So right now attempting to cup feed is out of the question.

IMG_20170831_072343.jpg

Congratulations on your babies :) I never supplemented my babies as long as they were getting fruit flies because the fruit fly media already has a calcium base I also kept mine outside so there was no need for D3 they get it from the Sun and I also let mine eat wild bugs I never supplemented them until they had to come back inside for the winter but even if you are not able to get them outside I still would not supplement them until they are between four and six months old and as stated earlier they are incredibly sensitive to over supplementation on the rare occasion I did supplement a few females but if you gut load very well there really is no need to supplement the babies

Back
Top Bottom