babbies

gemz123

my female jackson have just given birth to 10 babies i need to know what lighting and heat i need also how many times a day they need to be sprayed and what temp they need to be !!!!

Congrats, I've never had jacksons but I've had lots of veilds. I keep the babies in a glass enclose with a screened top. I use a reptisun 5 - 18" strip light but no heat. Babies can't regulate their body temp so too much heat will cook them. I find that at room temp, they do quit nicley until a few months of age. I mist them 2 to 3 times a day and I feed them lots of flightless fruitlies.

I think BigBlue covered it well. Just give them lots of fake branches, leaves, etc to climb on. Let us know how the are doing, congrats.

thanks guys ill post pictures when i can upload them there so little all climbing well 8 of them are quite dark in colour and two of them are light and very active just put in some pinhead crickets in a bowl but none have eaten as of yet !!!!

They are too little to find food in a bowl. Also as small as they are you should try to get some fruit flys. I hate fruit flys but your babies will love them. When you put the pinheads loose with the babies make sure all are eating and try not to let the crickets stay in the cage over night. They may bite the babies. I feed babies several times a day to keep from having crickets crawl on the babies and so I can make sure all are eating.

Back
Top Bottom