Automated Mist Question?

Jeffw

My regular work hours are 8 hrs long 4 days a week, but A LOT of the times i work Monday - Saturday 10, 9, or 8 hrs a day. Should I get an automated misting system?

i used to hand mist until i got a mist king..... easily the BEST purchase i have ever made for my chameleon

I would say so unless you have someone else to mist for you while you are at work, and you could also get a dripper to run while you are gone also.

Even if you didn't spend all day at work, I concur that the mistking is the best thing to have! It makes such a difference - I used to have alarms set on my phone to remind me to mist everyone at regular times every day to keep things regular for them, but once I got the mistking I didn't have to worry about sleeping in late and missing their first misting, or staying out all afternoon at study sessions. Or hell, even just watching a movie and forgetting about the chameleons! lol Also, thanks to it you're able to leave for the weekend and know that they'll still get the water they need.

It's such a convenient thing. You don't need it until you have it, and then you don't know how you lived without it lol

i had no idea how important a mister was until the other day we have had our chams for a week we have the tank all set up we put a load of greenery in there with awaterfallall very pretty then acouple of days ago we added a mister and staight away one cham shed and today the second did the same

mist vs fogger

This seems an appropriate question to bring up on this thread:

Is an Automatic Mister essential, when I'm already sporting an automatic Fogger, that also acts as a drip system?

i had no idea how important a mister was until the other day we have had our chams for a week we have the tank all set up we put a load of greenery in there with awaterfallall very pretty then acouple of days ago we added a mister and staight away one cham shed and today the second did the same

Waterfalls are generally not recommended for chameleons. While they do look nice, they tend to accumulate bacteria which would be bad for their health.

The Mistking is simply the best purchase I have made in the hobby... I have it misting 2 cages currently, and the only limit is my wallet... lol..
If you can swing a few hundred bucks, Id jump on the mistking. Don't waste your time on all the competition, as they aren't really competition. I have tried all the DIY and "cheap" misters.. None worked at all as well as the mistking and its silent.. AMAZING... I ordered mine from JoshsFrogs.com as he had free shipping..
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom