Auto dripper.... Can't find the thread.

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Hey Y'all! I know there was a thread about doing an auto dripper that is like pressurized with its own reservoir and a pump I think using drip system parts that you would use for a yard. Or maybe I am thinking of multiple things I have seen. Anyone know what the thread is? Or have you done something like this and can help me out. I want it to run between two cages and do away with the little dripper. I want to have it Automated on a timer. It would be positioned on a shelf between the two enclosures so the reservoir would sit about a foot or two below the top of the cages.

You could install a mistking nozzle into the top of the dripper, so after mistings it fills up and slowly drips out for the hours between misting sessions. I did this for Noname, but then realized he couldn't care less about a dripper.

This is a great idea. @Beman if you have a hydroponic store near ya would be worth while checking out. Drippers are for 1/4" too so you might have some left over hose you can use. Drippers are a little pricey but worth it! But pumps are super cheap these days, for something like that you could probably just get a tiny fountain pump for like $ 20. I'm sure timers and everything else you already know about. Congrats on new cham btw, he's lucky lil dude!

This is a great idea. @Beman if you have a hydroponic store near ya would be worth while checking out. Drippers are for 1/4" too so you might have some left over hose you can use. Drippers are a little pricey but worth it! But pumps are super cheap these days, for something like that you could probably just get a tiny fountain pump for like $ 20. I'm sure timers and everything else you already know about. Congrats on new cham btw, he's lucky lil dude!
Ok I will check this out. :) and thank you! I am excited and in overwhelm lol

Here love this is the supplies and just get a bucket from Lowe’s

KORAM IR-D 50 Feet Blank Distribution Tubing Hose Plant Watering Irrigation Drip Kit Accessories Include Atomizing Nozzle Mister Dripper, 1/4-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JPIJG4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BxU6Cb8MCJGRC

Homasy 80 GPH (300L/H, 4W)... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EWENMAU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Ok so you used the T to split to both. DId you have to seal anything together or does it hold on its own? Will the pump work if I want to put the water reservoir down in the cabinet? Or will it not get enough lift to go 5 foot high?

Ok so you used the T to split to both. DId you have to seal anything together or does it hold on its own? Will the pump work if I want to put the water reservoir down in the cabinet? Or will it not get enough lift to go 5 foot high?
Yes I used a t to split to go to both and I used the white tape to seal the hose to the pump. The pump is submergible. You might what to buy a stronger pump because idk if that one will work well for 5 feet

Back
Top Bottom