august is sick.

caroline?

Avid Member
hi so i am currently out of town and my pet sitter says august is very dark and has his mouth open his eyes closed, before i left i purchased bugs from someone i haven't bought from before and i think the person fed the bugs something that is toxic to chams because nothing else has changed in his husbandry has changed since i left, im extremely worried that it might be too late to save him..
i don't know what to do

when i bought the bugs the guy gave me a bag of bee pollen, oats and calcium that he had been feeding the bugs, could that make him sick?
i threw away that bag but they had been eating that before i got them

I don't know if it is related or not. The vet seems like the best option.
Crickets fed moldy grain can be toxic but the symptoms look more like a coordination problem and circling.
Super worms can be raised in oats without an issue. It might help to know what kind of bugs.

So august is your young male...right? And you still have a female as well? Can your sitter send you some photos of him from today so you can post them here?

So august is your young male...right? And you still have a female as well? Can your sitter send you some photos of him from today so you can post them here?
yes he is the male and i still have the female her name is cleo, im still waiting on pictures i'll post them as soon as i get them

I don't know of anything specific to dubia other than gout from too much uric acid and that takes time to develop in the joints. Make sure dubia have been fed a low protein vegetarian diet when purchasing. That doesn't seem related to this.

my pet sitter won't respond, im trying to get her to take august to the vet but she wont answer im so worried. i might leave my vacation early to try to get home and save him

What a horror story, so sorry for your lost 😢😢. I’m just back from 8 days holidays and everyday I felt that anxiousness about someone taking care of my babies, this is even worst.
Just don’t take it too hard on you 👏🏻👏🏻🍀

Back
Top Bottom