Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D August 2009
:D
view entries

Theme: No

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: August 17, 2009
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: August 17
voting: August 18 - August 31
contest results will be announced on September 2 2009

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
I have a sequence of photos composed as one image.
Would this be acceptable? It does have a border separating each photo.

Here is part of the rules stating that you can't do that. You may want to review them all so you get the right sizes as well. :)

Image Content
a. Photo must be of a chameleon.
b. The chameleon must be in good health (wild chams excluded).
c. The photo must show signs of good husbandry.
d. Photo must be sharp and in focus.
e. No text or watermarks.
f. No borders.
g. No image modifications besides cropping and resizing are allowed.

Today is the last day to enter the August contest.

A few images were removed because they did not meet the size/ratio requirement.

hi,
sorry for my english, but my picture of my male parsonii disappeared from the contest.
Why?

thank you very much.

cordially
sebs

1900bis.jpg

It's my first contest, does anyone know when the voting starts? Can you see the stats as you vote or is it a secret until the end?

sebs: Your photo did not meet the size requirements. As listed in the contest rules, the minimum width is 800px. Great photo though; please try again next month.

Warrix642: Voting begins as soon as the reduction phase is complete. Most likely, that would be this evening or tomorrow.

The entry phase has ended and voting will now begin.

We received over 45 entries this month and the average quality was excellent. Only 15 final slots were available and unfortunately some great photos did not make it. Whether your photo made it to the public vote or not, you are welcome to request more details on how your photo was graded - send me a pm or create a new thread.

yeah i didnt see the photo i entered either why? "Curiously Taking Everything In" was its title
I don't have a copy of your photo. This means it was most likely removed before the entry deadline because it did not meet the requirements set in the rules.

I dont understand?!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/photo-contest-rules-102/

If you go over these rules you will understand what might have happened.

most important, and most overlooked:

Image Format
File size: Photos must be less than 4MB.
Image dimensions: Large photos are preferred. The largest side must be at least 800 pixels. The size ratio (smaller side / larger side) must be >= .65.
Accepted image extensions: gif, jpg, png

Image Content
Photo must be of a chameleon.
The chameleon must be in good health (wild chams excluded).
The photo must show signs of good husbandry.
Photo must be sharp and in focus.
No text or watermarks.
No borders.
No image modifications besides cropping and resizing are allowed.

Good luck to everyone who made it :D beautiful pics as always.

-Andrea

Trouble Voting

I am having trouble voting, when I click on the vote today link, it directs me to a page that says thanks for voting & i didnt vote yet. am i missing something? thanks.

I am having trouble voting, when I click on the vote today link, it directs me to a page that says thanks for voting & i didnt vote yet. am i missing something? thanks.

Because you are a junior member. You are unable to vote in the photo contest until you are a member.

Back
Top Bottom