Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D August 2006
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: August 16, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: August 16
voting: August 17 - August 31
contest results will be announced on September 1 2006

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Yay the August Contest has begun!! I already put in my newest picture :D hehe. I made it size 800x600 because it was at 1280x960 or something like that ...

The photo entry period ends today. No photos will be accepted after Aug 16 11:59PM CST.

There is currently one photo that does not meet the size requirements. This image will be removed if not edited before the end of the contest entry period.

I see two that don't meet it. Anyways, Brad, have the rules changed since the last contest? I know we were discussing alterative ideas for the voting process, but has anything come of that yet?

Good luck to everyone.

No changes have been made to the voting process yet; I wanted some more time to think about it. If I decide to make any big changes, they will be announced at the beginning of the contest.

Voting has now started for the August photo contest. One photo was not used because it did not meet the size requirements. There may be a little confusion about size requirement as I made a slight change to the rules here ([THREAD=1201]rule change[/THREAD]), but did not completely update the official contest rules thread.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
Hey brad, I seem to be having some sort of issue voting. When I go to vote, it says "Thank you for Voting on this poll. The results will be announced shortly!" However, I have not voted yet for this month. Is it perhaps looking at my vote for last month? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, I wanted to add, in a prior contest, I was prompted to vote again, after I had already voted, days earlier. Do you have measures in place to prevent that?

oops :rolleyes:
I forgot to reset the permissions. You should be able to vote now.

Eric Adrignola said:
Also, I wanted to add, in a prior contest, I was prompted to vote again, after I had already voted, days earlier. Do you have measures in place to prevent that?
There are measures to prevent members from voting more than once. If you were able to vote twice, then something was wrong. Please let me know if this happens again; if you remember which contest this happened in that would help as well. I check the results for multiple ip's and other suspicious actions and have not noticed any logic errors.

I knew that I had just voted, so I didnt' vote again. I thought it was weird that it didnt' say "thank you for voting", an dit seemed to be ready to accept another vote. I log in wiht the same username, but on four different computers (Office, Home, Parents' house, and in-laws'), with 4 different IP addresses. Is the forum checking votes based on IP's, usernames, or both?

I just logged in on another computer, after voting on a different one. The message says "thank you for voting" - I guess there's nothing wrong now, if there was even a problem before.

warning

I am detecting suspicious voting activity for the same user two months in a row. This is the only warning you will receive if this activity continues.

Voting has now ended for the August contest. Results will be posted no later than September 3rd.

Last edited:
The Results

The Results​

1st place: Zerah Morris
Species: Calumma parsonii
Common: Parson's Chameleon
Sex: unknown
Name: Wasabi

2nd place: Will Hayward
Species: Rhampholeon temporalis
Common: Usambara Pitted Pygmy Chameleon
Sex: Male
Name: -

3rd place: Southernmost
Species: Chamaeleo Trioceros jacksonii ...?
Common: Jackson's Chameleon
Sex: Female
Name: Randal

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 03 => 5 pts (Zerah Morris)
photo 11 => 3 pts (Jerm)
photo 08 => 1 pts (Will Hayward)
photo 06 => 1 pts (mr_jamaica69)
photo 04 => 1 pts (westcoastchameleons)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: Eric Adrignola, Prism Chameleons, and myself. The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:
judge1:
photo 08 => 3 pts (Will Hayward)
photo 07 => 2 pts (Southernmost)
photo 03 => 1 pts (Zerah Morris)

judge2:
photo 08 => 3 pts (Will Hayward)
photo 07 => 2 pts (Southernmost)
photo 03 => 1 pts (Zerah Morris)

judge3:
photo 03 => 3pts (Zerah Morris)
photo 08 => 2pts (Will Hayward)
photo 12 => 1pts (lowendfrequency)