ATTN: Owners of Dubia Roach hating [and loving] Chams...

sarahog

This may sound really weird AND may also be a coincidence...but hear me out anyway and let us all know if you've had similar experiences. My male veiled when first introduced to dubias HATED them. He went after one but when he got it he started waving around acting like he was disgusted and then would not eat any more of them. I tried a few times with the same result. THEN I ran out of the commercial gut load I had left over from my crickets. I started making my own and also feeding orange slices (was told they help dubia breed better).
Suddenly, my guy liked Dubia roaches! :) I'm thinking maybe the previous gut load wasn't as tasty or caused the dubia to be iffy tasting? No clue if this is true or if one day he just started liking them but I'd like to think it really was the gut load. When I feed roaches I take the ones out the day before they are to be fed. Then I don't feed them that day and the next day I feed them and they eat all the food quickly..then I immediately feed them off afterward so it could very well be the difference in gut load taste. Maybe someone with Dubia hating Chams can experiment with this??

Thoughts?

OP: The way mine gobble them down, I would say that it wouldnt surprise me if gutloading played a part in chams liking them or not.

SSimsswiSS: What size dubia are you feeding in that that vid?

Is that the same parsons as your avatar? It sure looks like him, nice looking cham and very willing to eat. I like that in a cham.

Back
Top Bottom