ATTN: Kinyongia matschiei keepers

checking on it ;) but the "male" they have posted is a Multi and not a Matschiei. The "female" is a young K.Mat and wouldn't be surprised it it was one of Chad's that has made the rounds. I am getting pictures of all of them emailed to me. They say they have 5 so we will see if 4 of them are truly K.Mats or what. They tried hard to convince me that the K.Multi was just what a K.Mats looks like, LOL told them well...I have a pair and that's a K.Multi

Last edited:
Hello,

We made no assertions as to which species this specifically was. That is why we advertised them as K. f. sp.... They are some of the largest I have seen, out of 100s I have personally imported, which is why we were inclined to call them Giant. As it is the whole genus was re-organized because no one known how many kinyongia sp really exist and when we get them from Tanzania they simply come as fisher's chameleons. If you have further questions email us directly [email protected]

Thanks for posting Al, didn't see till now but Rob called me...thank goodness!

I wish I could buy just the two K. matschiei females that they say are from TZ. I'm not fully convinced they are not from my stock...being that a few of mine have gone up for sale in the past few months. From the 2 pics of "females" they did appear to be K. matschiei whereas the "male" pics were undoubtedly male multituberculata- as Rob has already stated.

I'll guess they won't sell the two K. matschiei females without the "paired males."

Reptile Pets Direct, it is unfortunate that your first post on these forums is what it is. And I don't completely fault you because you probably did receive a box labeled "Fischeri." We are just trying to illuminate the truth so that those of us who are working with the fischeri complex might be able to acquire ACTUAL BREEDABLE pairs.

Please read this article because it really helps to identify the different species within the fischeri complex. Lutzmann's Fischeri Complex Article

Chad

Actually have a look at the pictures of the one female from the link Alex posted. That one female Kinyongia matchiei has got a surprising amount of wear and tear a classic sign of a field collected chameleon, if she was a true captive breed I would be surprised. The condition she is in looks typical of a field collected wild caught. She seems as though she could be harboring parasites which both conditions of which I would expect neither of your captive bred females from your lines to have. I would not be surprised if they were wild caught Kinyongia matchiei. The male in the picture obviously is not though. That is a Kinyongia multituberculata.

Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Chad

Actually have a look at the pictures of the one female from the link Alex posted. That one female Kinyongia matchiei has got a surprising amount of ware and tare a classic sign of a field collected chameleon, if she was a true captive breed I would be surprised. The condition she is in looks typical of a field collected wild caught. She seems as though she could be harboring parasites which both conditions of which I would expect neither of your captive bred females from your lines to have. I would not be surprised if they were wild caught Kinyongia matchiei. The male in the picture obviously is not though. That is a Kinyongia multituberculata.

Jeremy A. Rich

I agree. She appears to be WC to me. If it is one of yours, Chad, she has had a rough upbringing. Hopefully one of you guys gets some new blood!

Chad

Actually have a look at the pictures of the one female from the link Alex posted. That one female Kinyongia matchiei has got a surprising amount of wear and tear a classic sign of a field collected chameleon, if she was a true captive breed I would be surprised. The condition she is in looks typical of a field collected wild caught. She seems as though she could be harboring parasites which both conditions of which I would expect neither of your captive bred females from your lines to have. I would not be surprised if they were wild caught Kinyongia matchiei. The male in the picture obviously is not though. That is a Kinyongia multituberculata.

Jeremy A. Rich

I agree. She appears to be WC to me. If it is one of yours, Chad, she has had a rough upbringing. Hopefully one of you guys gets some new blood!

I know what a WC cham looks like guys. :p

I'm just not ruling out the possibility that they could be my CB. I have seen a female go through 3 homes and I know getting jostled around in a box can create those classic WC bruises.

Still, I agree. They are most likely WC.

I know what a WC cham looks like guys. :p

I'm just not ruling out the possibility that they could be my CB. I have seen a female go through 3 homes and I know getting jostled around in a box can create those classic WC bruises.

Still, I agree. They are most likely WC.

Chad what did the 3 I sent you look like?
The adult male had a few bruises when I got him back from loan.

I offered to buy the three K.matschiei but no reply. Guess Chad was right they are only interested in selling "pairs" that are not of the same species

Back
Top Bottom