Attacking Leaves

Dual

Does anyone here have a chameleon that sticks it's tongue out to grab water drops off leaves? My panther does this a lot and I thought it was kind of odd. He isn't mistaking the water for crickets; it just seems he prefers getting water this way.

They drink from the leaves.... and i've had mine shoot at the water before.... too lazy to walk over and would rather target practice?

I also think some do it just for grins or to stretch tongues. I've watched them shoot at hanging droplets a few times then start drinking off of other leaves that hold more water. The bright hanging droplets attract their attention. Chams sometimes shoot at odd things. Watched a jax shoot at a kid's face, another shoot at a cat's ear. I had a male veiled who would roam around on the carpet shooting at bright flecks of mica.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I assumed it wasn't a problem. I was just curious how common it was for chams to do that.

If I stick out my tongue my melleri will try to shoot at it...... I've even had them aim for my eye when im close to them and looking at something.

ya theres some funny vidios on youtube where the chams strike at peoples eyes, noses, wiggiling finers...ect ....there great.

ahahah my veiled jack used to do this..........shoot his tongue at my eyes......it seemed like he was tracking my pupils like they were bugs.........

Back
Top Bottom