attaching branches

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
Does anyone know and good, simple (ish) ways of attaching branches? i have some horizontal pieces of wood on the sides of the cage we built that could act sorta like dragon ledges. uhhh but yeah i know you could ziptie branches but i need to know, how do you ziptie and straight object and make it secure? i just need a not too expensive, not terribly involved way to secure branches.

Does anyone know and good, simple (ish) ways of attaching branches? i have some horizontal pieces of wood on the sides of the cage we built that could act sorta like dragon ledges. uhhh but yeah i know you could ziptie branches but i need to know, how do you ziptie and straight object and make it secure? i just need a not too expensive, not terribly involved way to secure branches.
Cross latch them... Like an X. One zip tie crosses one way and the other crosses over it the other way making an X.

but will the branch stay ziptied?? like i keep thinking the branch will slip out the ziptie and fall lol
It will as long as it is cross latched... You can also run vertical branches up the sides. You would cross latch those to the frame. Then hook in your horizontal branches to the verticals.

Zip ties are the way. I do not have solid sides, So I Started with 1 to 2 main branches stuck in a pot of dirt. Then I just started ziptying cross branches.

The are a magic tool like Duct Tape and Bailing Wire. You can build anything.

Uv resistant tie grips are worth getting too 👍 i use 3 different sizes and garden wire for some of the connections i think my chameleon uses the vertical branches just as much as the horizontal branches for getting about, she rests more on horizontal branches though.
My basking branch is essentially a crude hinge made by drilling a hole through one end the crossed tie grips 20200703_015154-COLLAGE.jpg (thick sturdy ones) attached to anchor point. Then at other end powerful magnet s attach to another through the mesh and allows adjustable basking branch

Back
Top Bottom