Attaching branches?

SuperFastSlug

Sorry, this is a really dumb question, but how do you secure branches in a chameleons cage horizontally? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try using really small gauge wire, or small plastic zip ties. Even the ties from a loaf of bread works great. Just peel the coating off of the bread ties and they will fit thru the screen.

What I started doing is getting a 1/2" x 48" dowel rod from lowes, it prys in perfectly right in the center of the cage. I then run all my vines and branches across the dowel rod where I then zip tie it to the rod. After you get about 5 on there the dowel rod will becomes very stable. You might even put a thumb tack through the dowel rod at the top of the cage. I also put a thumb tack threw each side of the horizontal branches to help hold it also.

I use thumb tacs or push pins. They go through the screen from the outside and hold quite a bit of weight without ruining the screen. I just make sure the branches are cut as close to the width of the cage as possible, so it's pretty flush.

Reactions: Hoj
I use thumb tacs or push pins. They go through the screen from the outside and hold quite a bit of weight without ruining the screen. I just make sure the branches are cut as close to the width of the cage as possible, so it's pretty flush.

I do this as well.... :)

Sorry, this is a really dumb question, but how do you secure branches in a chameleons cage horizontally? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

not a dumb question at all.
wire is your best bet. you can find a roll for a couple bucks at any hardware store and it will last you forever. tacs will either break or break the screen itself,
twist ties seem to be too big and flimsy and tie wraps don't give the freedom of movement that wire does.

Zip ties!!! Fishing line also works great if you have an aluminum screen cage.
You can also use bio vine and wrap it around branches to hold them in place- it works great, gives more stuff to climb in and looks natural

One thing about wire they will rust in time. That's why zip ties work for me. Also as mentioned fishing line. Would hate to change it out.

Back
Top Bottom