Assisted hatching

jennarae

Hey guys, my panther chameleon egg started hatching last week and the “window” was completely cut open perfectly but after a week still no baby. Even though I did not want to, I made the decision to assist it in hatching this morning. I cut the opening a little more and took the baby’s head out and wiped its nose. Everything looks good, there is no mold on the baby. I’m wondering if anyone knows the chances of survival? And how long it may take for it to finish hatching

Was the nose poking out of the slits at the end of the egg at all before you cut it out of the egg? Can you post a photo of it please?

Was the nose poking out of the slits at the end of the egg at all before you cut it out of the egg? Can you post a photo of it please?
The nose was right on the other side of the slit which was pretty big and you could see it in there but it wasn’t poking out. I ended up placing the baby on his side after I took this picture since that’s what all the videos I watched said to do. The egg had begun to get a little mold so I decided to help the little guy out but i’m scared that I shouldn’t have.

Attachments

• 41A4B147-F131-4794-A6CB-67B52D40DAB3.png
    41A4B147-F131-4794-A6CB-67B52D40DAB3.png
    673.4 KB · Views: 84
I think you did fine! Hopefully it will decide to come out soon. Just make sure the container lid is still left on so the shell won't dry out and trap the baby in the egg.

You're welcome! Good luck! How many eggs do you have?
Just this one. I got it from my friend who breeds them. But I have one panther and am actually getting another one on Friday. I’m going to start breeding and thought getting just one egg might expose me to it a little bit before I jump in.

Back
Top Bottom