Are these good colors for a Veiled?

Somalol

Im not too sure of his age, the pet store said 3 weeks but he seemed wayyy too big for that, I have had him for 3 months after September 8th 2021 comes. Any idea his age? Also just curious about the colors, is anything wrong, he never preforms stressful or defensive behaviors to me, I dont handle him, his urates are black with the white tip, and he eats well.

Attachments

• 0F1D0338-4A6F-4FFA-8645-659D9A3742EF.jpeg
    0F1D0338-4A6F-4FFA-8645-659D9A3742EF.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 95
Why don’t u go ahead and fill out this form for us it will help a lot

Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Im not too sure of his age, the pet store said 3 weeks but he seemed wayyy too big for that, I have had him for 3 months after September 8th 2021 comes. Any idea his age? Also just curious about the colors, is anything wrong, he never preforms stressful or defensive behaviors to me, I dont handle him, his urates are black with the white tip, and he eats well.
Could u maybe add a photo of his fecal? Black should not be a color in his fecal. And add a photo of him next to a ruler or ur hand so we can tell how big he is to estimate his age

Colors look totally normal. Most become quite defensive especially about their space. I am betting he was more like 3 months old when you got him because the colors, casque height, and size look more like at least a 6 month old male.

I would fill out the form though that was posted above for you. It looks like you are only using the compact lighting that comes in the double dome cham kit. If this is the case he is high risk for developing MBD due to incorrect UVB lighting. And if he is still in that baby cage it will have to be upgraded to a 2x2x4ft enclosure now.

Back
Top Bottom