Are the zoo med 60 watt ceramic heater bulbs and the 100 watt ceramic heat bulbs the same size?

WashingtonCham

Established Member
I recently got a Dubia colonly and I’m trying to get the temp in their enclosure to 90 and I’m having hard time doing so. The lady at pet co recommended I get a nano heater and I went with a size bigger just to be safe and it still wasn’t enough. Thank god I didn’t listen to her as my roaches would have probably froze. But basically I bought all the stuff to fit that bulb so my question is if I go and pick up the 100 wat bulb is it the same size as the 60 watt bulb? I know it will fit in the same socket but I mean as far as dimensions go? Because my ceramic light now is just barely not sticking out of my dome housing and I fear if it’s any bigger it will stick out and could possibly be a fire hazard. Here’s a pic of how I have it set up now.

Attachments

Beman

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yeah if your using the 5.5 inch dome it is only rated for 75 watts and they recommend use with incandescent lights only if I remember correctly.

Ruthless

Avid Member
Exactly! I was going based on the picture and it definitely appears to be a 5.5 inch dome. And I don’t remember if it’s only for incandescent lights I have one at home I’ll have to check unless WashingtonCham can verify for us.

Top Bottom