Are superworms high in fat?

SilentNinja

As the title says I wanted to know if superworms are really high in fat as others say. Because I was wanting to feed my vieled chameleon a staple diet of superworms, roaches, crickets and butterworms (if not allergic)

Also I was wanting to know if they were indeed high in fat what could I substitute in place of the superworms? [ besides silkworms.] (Are there any other worms with calcium)

Yes they are high in fat. See the chart below. Phoenix are excellent feeders but they are small.

phoenixchart2.jpg

Yes they are high in fat. See the chart below. Phoenix are excellent feeders but they are small.

phoenixchart2.jpg

Hmm, what other worms would be just the right size (that are just as healthy as silkworms) I'm bascially asking which worms are the best worms to include in the staple diet.

And to add its a baby chameleon I will be getting.

yay! Okay thank you so much Jannb, you seem to know your stuff I enjoy reading your responses and threads.Hows the babies doing? Broke Bar and Biggie Smalls? :D

yay! Okay thank you so much Jannb, you seem to know your stuff I enjoy reading your responses and threads.Hows the babies doing? Broke Bar and Biggie Smalls? :D

The babies are doing great and will be going to their forever homes soon. :( At least I get to keep my little Lottie. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom