Are Reptiles Shows Worth It If You're Not Buying A Herp?

I'm thinking of visiting a local reptile show or two just to meet people, but before I go I wanted to know if there's stuff you can do other than buy reptiles. You can get some feeders, can't you? And are there people just around to talk to? Are there activities?

Obviously all shows are different, but just a general over view of what to expect would be amazing!! Or if there are any "unspoken rules" or anything like that please let me know, I don't want to be a problem.

And if anyone knows of good shows around East Tennessee please let me know!! I know of some, but I'm sure I've missed some!!

Sometimes I just go to get out of the house, not necessarily to buy anything! Before Lee Watson died we used to go to Illinois to his swap meet on the weekend, and there were lots of vendors there! That's where Josh from Josh's Frogs was vending frogs, before he got as big as he is now in the hobby!

It's usually neat to walk around and see what people have to offer. I don't buy animals there, but I do buy feeders and supplies to save on shipping! Plus sometimes there are neat photos or paintings, books, posters, etc. It's worth a few bucks to check one out at the very least.

Yeah I agree with everyone, even if u don't buy a pet which I wouldn't either less it's something I couldn't find from a breeder, I would just buy supplies and feeders. I went to the one here in Los Angeles in January when I was getting ready for my panther and ended up getting stuff for my beardie because they had decent prices for the uvb bulbs, hornworms, butterworms, etc. I bought my mistking there and saved on shipping.

I usually buy feeders and supplies there. It's cheaper for me because it saves on feeders. But I always go because I like to see the reptiles and items they have for sale.

Oh ya man, It's plain old a LOT of fun for one, meeting people and talking reptiles, but ALSO you can get enclosure Ideas, learn new skills for caring for animals or feeders as well as get great deals on feeders, and reptiles ofcourse and PLANTS TOO though! Which I love so if it is less than 2 hours away just GO it's a lot of fun! Check out this video I posted last year from the Big Sac Reptile show.

Back
Top Bottom