Are paint fumes bad for chameleon health?

Thanks for the idea I just ordered the same butterfly cage. I knew people used them for baby cham enclosures but I hadn’t thought to use a larger one as an outdoor enclosure that I can just leave out there and bring my cham to for sunlight time.
Just make sure to tie it down well or add a very large heavy plant so it won’t blow over in the wind. A large plant would also help protect from too much direct sunlight.☺️

I have a 2x2x4 enclosure and i have it sitting on this big shelf so it would be possible however just really really really difficult, from these responses i think im gonna go make a nice temporary enclosure to put him in
Aren't you going to have to move it in order to paint behind it? :unsure:

When I paint(ed) rooms, I remove everything. It makes things go much easier & quicker without the stress of getting paint where it doesn't belong.

Beautiful animal—incredible variety of colors! :love:

Can you elucidate on why the enclosure cannot be moved? IMO, that would really be the best way to relocate him.

Zero VOC paints don't have VOCs, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have fumes. I've used some latex paints that were as close to odorless as one might imagine, and I've used others that you could definitely smell.

I can't say those fumes are harmful—IDK. I can only say if it were me, I would relocate the enclosure to as far away—and in a separate sealable room—as possible, seal off any registers & returns in the room to be painted, towel under the door, open its windows if outdoor temps are within those recommended for the paint, and allow 24-48 hrs. for any fumes to air out. Paint drys faster than that (usually ½ hr) but takes longer to completely off-gas (I've had rooms take up to a month to off-gas completely—until you can't smell fresh paint anymore).
I have a 2x2x4 enclosure and i have it sitting on this big shelf so it would be possible however just really really difficult, from these responses i think im gonna go make a nice temporary enclosure to put him in

Aren't you going to have to move it in order to paint behind it? :unsure:

When I paint(ed) rooms, I remove everything. It makes things go much easier & quicker without the stress of getting paint where it doesn't belong.
I usually just push things out of the way and do a couple walls at a time

Back
Top Bottom