Are my Crickets too Big o.O

EvansP

so I just bought LARGE crickets on advice from the reptile store owner. THey seem pretty damn big for Dexter lol, hes about 4-5 months an not THATT big. He seems to eat them alright, except he only eats 5 or 6 of em rather then the 12-15 mEdiums he would eat at a time. How do i know if they're too big? I never leave any in the cage over night so I dont have to worry aobut them biting him

usually for youngsters , the food should not be bigger than the length between his eyes....so about 1/2 in or medium crix should be better for him.....ive seen large brown crix and they might be too big...the other black crix are even bigger and badder lol

thats exactly what i figured.. but nooo the pet lady said try large. They're like almost twice the length between his eyes -_- should i throw them out an go buy med's? He seemed to eat em fine today but im worried about digestion?

if he can eat them ok without struggle, offer a few at a time until you are low and then order smaller....if you see him struggle, offer to members near you to switch large for some mediums, i rather not waste things but thats just me

Idea!!!

Keep you large crix in a larger container. start a breeding colony of your own.. go buy some mediums to last you till your breeding colony starts producing and there big enough to feed off!! nothing wasted and free infanite food. :)

Back
Top Bottom