Are Carpet Chameleons easy to keep?

tkilgour

I have many chameleons, panthers, veilds etc. However, I have never had a carpet chameleon. My wife really wants one, and I was thinking of starting a breeding program w/ them. Can any of you give me advice on keeping this species? I have been doing my research and they seem very easy to keep. What are any of your recommendations? - Thanks

My wife really wants one, What are any of your recommendations? - Thanks

ALWAYS keep your wife happy.... :D

Yes, they are easy to keep and adorable, there are lots of people on the forum with eggs as we speak, so getting a CB one will be easy.

Edit: Not sure if you are from Lebanon the Country or the city.

Great Advice!!! Keep wife happy

I like that "Keep wife Happy". She likes them because they are so cute. Thank you, I will have to find the person with the carpet chams then. I am actually from Lebanon, Ohio. It is a small city by cincinnati.

They are beautiful chameleon,heres my new lateralis major,Tealeaf:D

TeaLeaf.jpg

I have 2 pairs of carpets (3 of whom are CB's from Tiki Tiki + 1 WC female) and they have been gems and easier in comparison I think (not that any species is "easy" mind you...). I keep them downstairs where it is a little cooler and with higher humidity and they have been fabulous. I have 2 clutches of eggs cooking (both from the CB female) and the WC is about to lay any day now.

I would highly recommend getting involved with them if you can. They are a wonderful species to work with.

Oh, and yes.... DO keep your wife happy. :D

cute little guy

My wife loves the small cute ones. I just showed her your pic, now she wants one more. So I wanted to get her one soon, but not just because. As always, I must do research before hand, so I can provide a quality home.

I know of someone who has a male but not sure if he will ship. PM me for info if you like.

No problem

I am simply here for my chameleons. I am very sorry if I ever offended you. However, I will say you can verify w/ screameleons and Fl Chams that I do business w/ them. I just want to know about carpet chams, because we have never had them. I cleaned up the web site and made sure the pics were perfect so you could all be happy.

Continue on then..........

It sounds like you fixed the issues that bothered people. So carry on with your hobby here.........

Do carpets do well in glass enclosures, or is it also a bad choice for these chams?

I think most people would agree that a smaller (16x15x20 -18x18x36) SCREEN cage that has plenty of plants/vines/hiding spots works best for these guys.

Back
Top Bottom