Arcadia vs Zoomed supplements

ChamLover04

Which one would you prefer based on personal experience or just looking at optimal calcium/vitamin values? I’d use either arcadia earth pro A, arcadia earth pro calcium pro mg, zoomed calcium + D3 OR zoomed calcium, zoomed reptivite, zoomed calcium + D3.

Which one would you prefer based on personal experience or just looking at optimal calcium/vitamin values? I’d use either arcadia earth pro A, arcadia earth pro calcium pro mg, zoomed calcium + D3 OR zoomed calcium, zoomed reptivite, zoomed calcium + D3.
This is not a black and white answer. For instance, are you keeping montanes, or veiled/panthers, or something else? What is your uvb status? T5, T8, cfl? What is your gutloading regime?

If you go with the earthpro regime, you need to make sure your uvb is on point, as there is no d3 at all. Likewise, you’ll have to weigh the options when it comes to occasional supplementing of vitamin A, as the earthpro regime has no PREformed A either.

I’ve never used the zoomed products, but the standard regime with using a pure calcium (noD) plus a multivitamin/mineral, plus a calcium (withD) is to use the first at every feeding, and alternate the other two on an every other week schedule.

But you haven’t exhausted all the possibilities here either. For instance, Repashy has several products too. “Calcium plus” and “calcium plus LoD “ have both been used with success for veileds and panthers as an every day all-in-one. The former is typically paired with T8 lighting as per the long tested kammerflage regime, the latter is preferred by those using T5’s, as they push a lot more uvb.

What are you gutloading with? If you’re using a commercial gutload at all, then you should check the ingredients to see if D3 or PREformed A is included, as this might influence your dusting choices.

This is not a black and white answer. For instance, are you keeping montanes, or veiled/panthers, or something else? What is your uvb status? T5, T8, cfl? What is your gutloading regime?

If you go with the earthpro regime, you need to make sure your uvb is on point, as there is no d3 at all. Likewise, you’ll have to weigh the options when it comes to occasional supplementing of vitamin A, as the earthpro regime has no PREformed A either.

I’ve never used the zoomed products, but the standard regime with using a pure calcium (noD) plus a multivitamin/mineral, plus a calcium (withD) is to use the first at every feeding, and alternate the other two on an every other week schedule.

But you haven’t exhausted all the possibilities here either. For instance, Repashy has several products too. “Calcium plus” and “calcium plus LoD “ have both been used with success for veileds and panthers as an every day all-in-one. The former is typically paired with T8 lighting as per the long tested kammerflage regime, the latter is preferred by those using T5’s, as they push a lot more uvb.

What are you gutloading with? If you’re using a commercial gutload at all, then you should check the ingredients to see if D3 or PREformed A is included, as this might influence your dusting choices.
I have a panther chameleon, using arcadia 14% T5 (should I be using 6% one instead as it says it’s meant for forests or thr 12% one, or is this one fine?), gutloading dubias, lateralis and superworms with collard greens, kale, sweet potato, carrots and rarely apples and oranges. Should I get the bug burger also? And I’ve tried ordering the repashy calcium plus lod, but got just supercal lod and tried contacting the seller about wrong product, but got no response so I guess calcium plus lod isn’t an option for me.

I have a panther chameleon, using arcadia 14% T5 (should I be using 6% one instead as it says it’s meant for forests or thr 12% one, or is this one fine?), gutloading dubias, lateralis and superworms with collard greens, kale, sweet potato, carrots and rarely apples and oranges. Should I get the bug burger also? And I’ve tried ordering the repashy calcium plus lod, but got just supercal lod and tried contacting the seller about wrong product, but got no response so I guess calcium plus lod isn’t an option for me.

That depends on your cage, but typically ya 14% is too much. 6% is more usual, unless you have a very large very heavily planted enclosure.

That depends on your cage, but typically ya 14% is too much. 6% is more usual, unless you have a very large very heavily planted enclosure.
It’s a reptibreeze XL cage (4’ 2’ 2’) with 2 pothos, 1 schefflera arboricola and 2 fake plants, should I switch to 6% or 12% then?

I would, it can burn them and cause over exposure to UVB.

I would at least not run it as long per day, maybe 6 hours instead of 12.

And Yes, UVB is what gives you Sunburns and causes Skin Cancer, Burns Leaves, ect. UV light is extremely dangerous.

However there again, UV bulbs need replaced after 6 months as they stop putting out enough, so if You have had it longer than that, or about that long it may be okay for a couple months.

I would, it can burn them and cause over exposure to UVB.

I would at least not run it as long per day, maybe 6 hours instead of 12.

And Yes, UVB is what gives you Sunburns and causes Skin Cancer, Burns Leaves, ect. UV light is extremely dangerous.

However there again, UV bulbs need replaced after 6 months as they stop putting out enough, so if You have had it longer than that, or about that long it may be okay for a couple months.
I’ve had it for a month and he likes being right under it so I’m buying the arcadia T5 6% D3 one tomorrow along with zoomed supplements

Highly recommend getting a Solarmeter 6.5 for 2 reasons.

1. You can be sure that your basking area is at an appropriate distance from the bulb to ensure your chameleon is getting an acceptable level of UVB.
2. You will know when to replace the bulb, instead of having no idea what the UVB output levels are and just replacing the bulb at 6 months. I am going on 8 months with my current ZooMed ReptiSun T5. Over a long term the Solarmeter can pay for itself. Also, if you see your UVB level getting low at a specific basking spot, you can nudge the branch up X cm/inches to get more exposure.

I got zoomed products and is alternating reptivite and calcium + D3 every once a week too much D3? Because both contain it. Should I go 4 times a month with reptivite or 2 times a month reptivite and 2 times a month calcium + D3?

If you have adequate UVB then the need for D3 supplementation is debatable. Until further info is determined I alternate between Repashy calcium plus LoD once maybe twice a week and straight calcium no phos/no D3 on other days. Some do the Repashy every feeding with success. I don't think there is a 100% wrong or right answer

If you have adequate UVB then the need for D3 supplementation is debatable. Until further info is determined I alternate between Repashy calcium plus LoD once a week and straight calcium no phos/no D3 on other days. I don't think there is a 100% wrong or right answer
I’ve been using arcadia T5 14% UVB for more than a month now, but today I bought arcadia T5 6% UVB because it’s more adequate and a lot less likely to cause burns.

I got zoomed products and is alternating reptivite and calcium + D3 every once a week too much D3? Because both contain it. Should I go 4 times a month with reptivite or 2 times a month reptivite and 2 times a month calcium + D3?
I was wondering the same thing? Because I noticed on my zoomed vitamins that it also contains D3. Hopefully someone will be able to answer

Back
Top Bottom