Arcadia UVB ?

VerucaSalt

Established Member
Trying to get all the caging elements much better for my Male Jackson approx 6-8 mths old.

After researching, wanted to add a linear to the planted enclosure and want to verify this will be a good option for him.

Thank you in advance---ll the numbers between his uvb bulb and the plant bulb has jumbled into a mess in my head at this point lol.View media item 47720

Trying to get all the caging elements much better for my Male Jackson approx 6-8 mths old.

After researching, wanted to add a linear to the planted enclosure and want to verify this will be a good option for him.

Thank you in advance---ll the numbers between his uvb bulb and the plant bulb has jumbled into a mess in my head at this point lol.View media item 47720

That's just for light, not UVB light. Arcadia makes fantastic UVB bulbs, but that isn't one of them.

Thank you--trying to find anything that was thru amazon that was Arcadia was too confusing, but I was able to add a Reptisun linear 10.0 t5 with a reflector now that the cage is heavily planted.

Next it needs a plant light, but wanted to worry about replacing the bad bulb style uvb as the pet stores near me hade convinced they knew their stuff and everything read prev was incorrect :coffee:

What you're probably looking for is something like this:
ARCADIA set 54w T5 Forest Reptile 6% UVB
(Probably a lower wattage as 54Watt T5 is a 120cm long tube.)

Notice that Arcadia doesn't write 5.0 or 10.0 they use percentages, but 6% should translate to 6.0.

Like @jajeanpierre said Arcadia makes great UVB lamps, I've read test results of the linear tube still producing sufficient UVB after 1.5years of usage, still to be sure Arcadia recommends to replace them every 9months which I would also recommend doing if you do not have any equipment to measure UVB UVI output.

Thank you--trying to find anything that was thru amazon that was Arcadia was too confusing, but I was able to add a Reptisun linear 10.0 t5 with a reflector now that the cage is heavily planted.

Next it needs a plant light, but wanted to worry about replacing the bad bulb style uvb as the pet stores near me hade convinced they knew their stuff and everything read prev was incorrect :coffee:
Plant light you can use the (also) Arcadia jungle dawn lights but I would only if you have a terrible issue keeping plants alive as they aren't cheap.
As first approach you can try a lamp around the, I believe, 5500 - 6000 K spectrum, but I'm no plant expert so maybe someone else can share their expertise.
Anyways lighting is just 1 thing for plants, most plants don't take the big amount of water to well either and start to rot at the roots because of them being wet most of the time.

Like @jajeanpierre said Arcadia makes great UVB lamps, I've read test results of the linear tube still producing sufficient UVB after 1.5years of usage, still to be sure Arcadia recommends to replace them every 9months which I would also recommend doing if you do not have any equipment to measure UVB UVI output.

Yup, I can back this up. I've had an Arcadia bulb since two july's ago that still reads 3.0ish with my solarmeter, in my panther's basking spot.

Also the jungle dawn bulbs can't be beat. They really take the display of your animal's and plant's colors to the next level. Plants will grow and change to colors you didn't even know they had. That said, the Arcadia 6500k plant bulbs are very nice too and get the job done for most plants along with looking great. I'd use them for most situations, but the jungle Dawn's do the trick for my low growing ground cover that need light penetration along with the bromeliads and mosses that need a ton of light.

Is this a correct light for my chameleon enclosure?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 39
Is this a correct light for my chameleon enclosure?
Hi Nancy it is a pro T5 which is good but which bulb strength is it? Should say on the end of the bulb 6%, 7%12% are the most common ones you see... With chameleons we do not use the 7% bulb though because it is made for shade dwelling species which chameleons are not.

Back
Top Bottom